*All results from games played on April 26, 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (9-11)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 5, ROCHESTER 0 (Box) "We've got to risk implosion. We may explode into the biggest fireball this part of the galaxy has ever seen, but we've got to take that one in a million chance." - Captain Kirk to fellow sluggers F!, Who, and the Dude before last night's game. The Big Four combined for: Four doubles, two homers, three walks, and hopefully three turned-around ballplayers. (Well, F! has been injured.) The Captain has been magnificent, racking up a sixteen game hitting streak and an 1100-something OPS. But he can't power through it alone. In his words, "There's another way to survive. Mutual trust... and help."
- RF Fernando Martinez: 2-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K; a very nice start to the current comeback
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-3, HR(4), 2 R, RBI, 2 BB, 2 K; homered in two straight, hit in sixteen straight, is awesome
- 1B Nick Evans: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B, HR(4), 2 RBI; slugging well but hitting poorly and walking worse. Actually, 0 BBs.
- LF Lucas Duda: 1-4, 2B, BB, 2 K; records just his third XBH
- SS Ruben Tejada: 1-5, 2B, RBI, K
- 2B Luis Hernandez: 1-4, R
- RHP Christopher Schwinden: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 5 K; very nice! Threw 59 out of 85 pitches for strikes. In Buffalo on the year: 17 Ks, 6 BBs, and 2 ER in 15.2 innings.
- LHP Taylor Tankersley: .1 IP, 0 across
- RHP D.J. Carrasco: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K; good to see
- REHAB ALERT: C Ronny Paulino: 0-4, 2 K; bad to see
AA - Binghamton Mets (6-9)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 2, PORTLAND 8 (Box) Mark Cohoon, the soft-tossing lefty with the questionable stuff and stellar results, quadrupled his ER total on the year, raising his ERA to a ghastly 1.44. More importantly, he's struck out 24 and walked 5, and were it not for his first long ball of the year he'd have come out OK once more. A good bounce-back night from Player of the Week / Goat of Last Night Josh Satin, but not enough to push Bingo past the Sea Dogs.
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 2-3, 2B, RBI, K
- LF Eric Campbell: 0-4, 2 K
- DH Josh Satin: 2-4, RBI, K; smooth.
- C Kai Gronauer: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 0-2, BB, 2 K
- LHP Mark Cohoon: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, HR
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (17-3)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 6, BRANDENTON 12 (Box) The Marauders' first inning: Hit, hit, walk, sac fly, K, walk, hit, double, double, walk, homer, walk, hit, K. That adds up to 10 runs, and St. Lucie -- erstwhile best team on the planet -- was humbled for a night. Showing pluck, the wee Mets managed a half-dozen runs of their own, powered by the beastly Den Dekker's ridiculousness. Also, Wilmer. Take that, skeptical scout!
- SS Wilmer Flores: 2-4, HR(1), R, 4 RBI, BB
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-4, H, 2B, BB, E(1)
- CF Matt den Dekker: 3-5, 2 2B, 2 R, RBI; 10 game hitting streak, 10 doubles and 2 triples in 18 games on the year
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-5, RBI
- LF Juan Lagares: 1-5, 2B, 2 K
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 0-3, R, BB
- C Francisco Pena: 0-4, 2 K
- DH Pedro Zapata: 1-4, 2B, BB
- LF Juan Lagares: 1-5, 2B, 2 K
- RHP Collin McHugh: .2, 5 H, 8 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 0 HR; "I bet I'm the goat, aren't I?"
- RHP Eric Beaulac: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 1 HR
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (7-11)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 7, DELMARVA 8 (Box) Savannah took a one run lead into the ninth, entrusting portly lefty Josh Edgin to stretch his efficient eighth inning work to game's end. Two doubles later that plan was dashed, and in the bottom of the eleventh a pitcher named Guillame Leduc gave up a walk-off homer to a hitter named Jonathan Jesus Schoop, the first time that's happened in history. Tough loss.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-5, RBI, 2 K
- C Albert Cordero: 0-5
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 2-5, 2 R, RBI, BB
- SS Robbie Shields: 0-5
- RHP Yohan Almonte: 5 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 2 HR
- LHP Josh Edgin: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
★ Star of the Night ★
I'd have given it to Wilmer if St. Lucie did their usual thing and won. As far as single games go I love me some RBI. But today one Nick Evans and his 3 XBH deserve the crown. My God, I have to think up a Nick Evans joke......