New York Mets Daily Farm System Report - 5/1/11
*All results from games played on Saturday, April 30th 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (10-14)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, LEHIGH VALLEY 6 (Box) The recently demoted RHP DJ Carrasco made his first Triple-A appearance and didn't fare well, digging the Herd into a five-run hole after two and departing after three. The Bisons lineup was pretty quiet, managing just one rally late in the game after a C Salomon Manriquez homer.
- RF Fernando Martinez: 0-4
- DH Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-4, 2B, K
- 3B Nick Evans: 1-3, R, BB; First game at third this season
- LF-1B Lucas Duda: 0-3, BB, K
- SS Ruben Tejada: 0-5, 2 K
- 2B Luis Hernandez: 1-4, 2B, RBI, K, E(3)
- RHP DJ Carrasco: L, 3 IP, 3 ER, 5 H, O BB, 2 K, 2 HB
AA - Binghamton Mets (7-12)_____________________________________
AKRON 0, BINGHAMTON 4 (Box) The B-Mets snapped their four-game skid on the strength of a gem spun by RHP Brandon Moore. Moore went seven scoreless, striking out nine and allowing just two baserunners. The B-Mets lineup wasn't anything special last night but didn't need to be as 1B Allen Dykstra's first longball as a Met was plenty.
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 0-5, 2 K
- 3B Eric Campbell: 3-4, 2 R, K
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- C Kai Gronauer: DNP
- DH Allan Dykstra: 2-3, HR(1), 2 RBI, R, K
- RHP Brandon Moore: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 9 K; Flat-out dominant, more outings like this in Double-A will put him firmly on the map
- RHP Manny Alvarez: S, 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 1 K; He'll try to get back on track with Bingo
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (19-5)________________________________________
JUPITER 6, ST. LUCIE 2 (Box) The Mets were thwarted in their attempt to become the first team in the minors to reach 20 victories last night as staff humungo RHP Scott Moviel saw his pleasantly surprising early season hot streak come to an end. In short it's pretty tough for any tam to win when then allow 17 hits. Side note, the red hot CF Matt den Dekker finally cooled off in this one, wearing the sombrero.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 3-4, R, E(5)
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-4, RBI
- CF Matt den Dekker: 0-4, 3 K; Hit streak ends at 13
- 3B Jefry Marte: 2-4, 2B
- DH Juan Lagares: 1-4, CS(1)
- C Francisco Pena: 0-4, K; Still batting .300
- DH Pedro Zapata: 1-4
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 1-3, 3B, R, BB
- RHP Scott Moviel: L, 6 IP, 4 ER, 11 H, 0 BB 1 K; It's always amazed me how hittable a 6' 11" pitcher can be
- Celebrate with the St. Lucie Mets tomorrow night as they celebrate Dos de Mayo!
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (8-14)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 5, LAKEWOOD 1 (Box) Savannah followed Bingo's lead and snapped their seven-game losing streak last night. And have I ever told you that 3B Aderlin Rodriguez' power is for real? Aderlin knocked his fifth bomb in his last seven contests in this one. SS Robbie Shields also chipped in his second shot in as many days and RF Javier Rodriguez hit his third of the year. On the mound hard-throwing RHP Ryan Fraser was excellent, allowing just one run over six innings while RHP Taylor Whitenton was just as good in relief, throwing three scoreless with just one hit and seven, yes seven, strikeouts.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 2-4, HR(5), 2 RBI, 2 R, K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-2, R, 2 BB, SB(4); Love those walks
- C Albert Cordero: 0-4, 3 K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 0-5, K; Ends his torrid eight game streak
- SS Robbie Shields: 2-3, 3B, HR(2), 2 RBI, R, BB; Getting hot
- RF Javier Rodriguez: 2-4, HR(3)
- DH Blake Forsythe: 0-4, 2 K
- RHP Ryan Fraser: W, 6 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 2 BB, 1 K, HB
Star of the Night
Pretty easy decision to go with Binghamton's RHP Brandon Moore who starred in the role of Stopper last night, snapping their four-game skid with seven scoreless and just two hits allowed.
Goat of the Night