New York Mets Daily Farm System Report - 5/27
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com!
*All results from games played on Thursday, May 26th 2011
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (20-27)_______________________________________
Buffalo's game with Gwinnett was rained out. It will be made up as part of a doubleheader tomorrow.
AA - Binghamton Mets (14-29)_____________________________________
NEW BRITAIN 7, BINGHAMTON 3 (Box)
The Rock Cats get the series win as they teed off on Binghamton's pitching staff today. LHP Robert Carson got the start and outside of the fourth inning, pitched pretty well. In that fourth, though, New Britain started off with four consecutive hits, two of them for extra bases, and plated three to take a 3-2 lead. Carson settled back down after that and left with the score the same. But Binghamton's bullpen imploded again, as LHPs Roy Merritt and Eric Niesen got lit up for four runs in the seventh, effectively putting the game out of reach for the anemic B-Mets offense. Binghamton had their opportunities, but went 3-13 overall with RISP, 1-10 after the second inning.
- LF Eric Campbell: 1-2, 2 R, 2 BB, K (.200/.327/.264)
- 2B Josh Satin: 1-3, 2 BB (.305/.422/.490)
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 3-3, 2B, HR (5), 2R, RBI, BB (.286/.413/.500); Of course he does this at the game I can't go to.
- LHP Robert Carson: L, 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 1 K, PO (1-6, 47, 4.21, 38 K, 17 BB, 52 H, 6 HR); Lack of strikeouts is odd. Probably just a blip, though.
- LHP Eric Niesen: 0.2 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 1 K, 1 HR (0-4, 17, 7.94, 14 K, 16 BB, 19 H, 0 HR); First run given up in his last six outings.
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (27-21)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 5, DUNEDIN 1 (Box)
Darin. Gorski. Seriously, why are you still reading this recap. Scroll down and look at his stat line. I will wait...
Some other good stuff happened too. 1B Stefan Welch had a two run single with the bases loaded to start the scoring for St. Lucie in the first. CF Matt Den Dekker had two extra base hits after struggling a bit the last couple weeks. RHP Nick Carr continues to pitch well out of the pen, hurling another 1 1/3 scoreless. But the story tonight was LHP Darin Gorski who, I believe, set the affiliate-wide mark for single game strikeouts this season with 13. Gorski struck out at least one batter in every inning he pitched, including striking out the side in the sixth.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 0-3, R, BB, K (.267/.300/.362)
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-4, R (.242/.299/.326)
- CF Matt den Dekker: 2-4, 2B, 3B, RBI, R, K (.307/.345/.505); Hopefully this gets him going again, but the Ks have to be a large concern at this point.
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-4 (.294/.344/.466); Power has vanished recently.
- LF Juan Lagares: 1-4, K (.302/.331/.452)
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 1-3 (.227/.264/.319)
- C Francisco Pena: 1-4, RBI, SB (3) (.239/.284/.349); #catcherspeed
- LHP Darin Gorski: W, 7.2 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 13 K, 1 HR (2-0, 41.2, 2.16, 63 K, 13 BB, 38 H 2 HR); Star. Of. The. Night.
- RHP Nick Carr: 1.1 IP 0 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K (2-0, 14.1, 1.88, 20 K, 5 BB, 11 H, 2 HR)
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (24-22)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, AUGUSTA 0 (Box)
It was a total team effort for Savannah, as every starter had at least one hit, and the pitching shut down the Greenjackets. RF Cory Vaughn had arguably his best night as a professional, reaching base in all five plate appearance, knocking four hits, including a double and a home run. You have to wonder what he has left to learn at A ball at this point. RHP Greg Peavey went seven strong, striking out four and recording eight groundball outs. LHP Angel Cuan slammed the door on Augusta with gusto, striking out five in two innings of work. Even the usually shaky Savannah defense chipped in, turning three double plays.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-5, R, 2 K, E (13)
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-4, 2B, 2 R, BB, K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 4-4, 2B, HR (4), 2 RBI, 2 R, BB; Just put him on a bus to St. Lucie already.
- C Albert Cordero: 2-5, RBI, K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 1-5
- SS Robbie Shields: 2-5, RBI
- RHP Greg Peavey: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 4 K; 8 groundball outs, 0 flyball outs
- LHP Angel Cuan: 2 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 5 K
★ Star of the Night ★
Look, Greg Peavey, you pitched great. Allan Dykstra, Cory Vaughn, way to stuff the stat sheet. But tonight belonged to St. Lucie LHP Darin Gorski. In his last six appearances, since they have started stretching him out, he has pitched 30 2/3 innings. He has struck out 49 batters. He has given up 5 earned runs. He has walked only 11. He's a tall, projectable lefty, and if he is starting to make the leap, look out. But even just considering the statline, he has to be shooting up the Mets Prospect List
Goat of the Night