*All results from games played on Wednesday May 4th, 2011
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com!
Once again the Mets farm system featured only two teams in action, this time it was our AA and High A affiliates taking the field.
AA - Binghamton Mets (8-14)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 3, ERIE 9 (Box)
Robert Carson left the game in line for the win, but a 7th inning that featured two walks, a hit batter, a wild pitch, and a fielding error cost the Mets the game. Allan Dykstra continues to look like a legitimate prospect, making him look all that much better than Eddie Kunz.
- SS Jordany Valdespin:1-4, BB, K (/259/.315/.358)
- 3B Eric Campbell: 1-3 (.213/.322/.240)
- IF Josh Satin: 1-4, 2 R, BB, 2K, E (.329/.448/.468)
- C Kai Gronauer: 1-4, K (.212/.323/.269)
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 2-3, 2B, BB (.263/.383/.447)
- LHP Robert Carson: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 4 K (25 IP, 3.60 ERA, 23 K, 7 BB, 27 H, 3 HR)
- LHP Eric Niesen: 1.1 IP, 1 K (8 IP, 12.38 ERA, 3 K, 9 BB, 9 H, 2 HR)
- INJURY UPDATE - After a slow start that got him demoted to Double-A, RHP Manny Alvarez was placed on the DL with a right elbow strain. Hopefully this is nothing serious/the reason for his early season struggles.
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (19-8)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 2. BRADENTON 5 (Box)
Matt Harvey was great for St. Lucie tonight, but a pair of poor defensive plays in the 7th allowed Bradenton to get the 5-2 win despite not scoring an earned run on the evening. His 9 K, 2 BB performance brings his totals to 39/11 in 32.2 IP so far this season and drops his ERA to 1.10. If he keeps this up, we'll probably be seeing him further north around the trade deadline. Angel Pagan got a rehab start for the sunshine state Mets, going 1-4 on the evening.
- SS Wilmer Flores: 0-4, 2 K (.287/.319/.381)
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-4, 2 K (.248/.291/.312)
- CF Matt den Dekker: 0-2, RBI, CS (.365/.398/.596)
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-2, R, 3B, 2 BB, SB (.326/.409/.568)
- 2B Rylan Sandoval: 0-3 (.176/.208/.284)
- C Francisco Pena: 0-2, BB (.281/.328/.333)
- RHP Matt Harvey: 6.1 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 9 K (32.2 IP, 1.10 ERA, 39 K, 11 BB, 24 H, 1 HR)
★ Star of the Night ★
Easy call to make tonight...when the most exciting pitching prospect you have (that's not currently on the DL) is going and he has a night like Harvey had, he walks away with top billing.