*All results from games played on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2011
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (47-64)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, ROCHESTER 7 (Box) The Red Wings were in no way fooled by lefty finesser Mark Cohoon, whose early showers have taken the appearance of ritual. Cohoon was beat like a drum by the first three batters and when he tried to beat back -- with two dusters -- they didn't hurt. In the 3rd inning Val Pascucci knocked a piece off the four run defecit with a run-making double, and a few innings later dashed home on a sacrifice fly. But by that time the difference was a gaping sore, and a last inning Satin RBI double still left the herd four beans short.
- RF Fernando Martinez: DNP
- 1B Josh Satin: 2-4, 2B, RBI, BB, K; .354/.415/.479
- RF Nick Evans: 0-2, 2 BB; .315/.377/.469
- LF Mike Baxter: 2-3, BB, K; 10-27 in Buffalo
- LHP Mark Cohoon: 4.1 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 2 HBP, 2 K; 63 IP, 6.71, 80 H, 20 BB, 36 K, 8 HR
AA - Binghamton Mets (44-66)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 3, ALTOONA 11 (Box) If the game were measured in hits we dropped a nail-biter, 15-14. If it were measured in our pitcher's strikeouts we drubbed out a 12-5 win. If it were inversely decided by a count of BB's, we were snowed in a 0-5 romp. And if it's every meaning were eclipsed by the horrendous performance of a newly returned prospect, well, Familia sucked. After sitting down the first three batters, Familia was cut by a ground ball single and soft pop-up that fell in. A wild pitch and a strike out later, a second wild pitch both fooled the batsman and scored a run, putting the whiffer aboard with a teammate across the diamond. A third single then brought the lead runner home before a third wild pitch pushed two men into scoring position, both of whom moseyed home on the inning's fourth single. At that Familia lost faith, freely passing two batters before his manager yanked the chain. Mad about something, Wally was tossed in the third.
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 2-5, R, 3B, SB(7); .239/.318/.434
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 2-4, R, 2B, HR(14), 2 RBI; .258/.384/.440
- SS Jordany Valdespin: 1-5; .302/.346/.501
- LF-RF Juan Lagares: 2-5, R, K; .410/.415/.590 in 39 ABs
- RHP Jeurys Familia: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 3 WP; 56 IP, 3.38, 51 H, 25 BB, 64 K, 7 HR
- RHP Brad Holt: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 K; 79.1, 4.76, 64 H, 50 BB, 63 K, 6 HR
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (19-18 | 57-50)________________________________________
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats ( 24-14 | 63-45)__________________________________
AUGUSTA 3, SAVANNNAH 8 (Box) The Gnats swarmed the base paths, em-buzz-ling bags and biting away at Augusta's young arms on route to outpesting the GreenJackets, 8-3. In the second and third innings, we flew out to 3-0 lead on a double, an error, a swiped bag (one of three), an extended single, a sac fly, and a whizzing homer from hero catcher Albert Cordero. The GreenJackets stung back with a run-scoring triple, but at that were torn free from their single-use prick! A four run eighth inning was effected by Rafael Fernandez's table-clearing double, and the Sand Gnats buzzed off from the air battle sated.
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-4, RBI, BB, 2 K, SB(16); .242/.328/.341
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, K; .221/.275/.369
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 0-2, 2 R, 3 BB, SB(10); .228/.299/.278
- C Albert Cordero: 2-5, R, 2B, HR(5), 2 RBI; .262./.294/.360
- RHP Yohan Almonte: 6 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 6 K; 92 IP, 3.72, 85 H, 21 BB, 60 K, 13 HR
Short Season A- Brooklyn Cyclones (24-22)_______________________________________
WILLIAMSPORT 7, BROOKLYN 2 (Box): Javier Rodriguez scorched a double and a triple; Danny Muno stole and yanked a couple singles. In fact the Cyclones pounded out eight hits in this typical nine-inning affair. But it was Williamsport who churned through the Brooklyn chuckers and chased across seven runs, while Brooklyn choked on its own baserunners. 1-10 with RISP, and three "E"s flashed on the electric scoreboard.
- SS Danny Muno: 2-5, K, SB, E
- RF Javier Rodriguez: 2-4, R, 2B, 3B, 2 K
- DH Brian Harrison: 1-2, 2 BB
- CF Travis Taijeron: 0-3, 2 K
- RHP Randy Fontanez: 3 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- DH Eudy Pina: 0-4, 3 K
- RF Gilbert Gomez: 2-4
- 1B Ryan Hutson: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- SS Randoll Santana: 0-4
- LF Ariel Mercedes: 0-3
- RHP Rafael Montero: 5 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- RHP Carlos Gomez: 1 IP, 1 K
★ Beaming Star of the Night ★