*All results from games played on Friday, April 6th
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (3-3)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, ROCHESTER 5 (Box)
Not a ton to dissect here. Harvey was markedly better than last time out as he bumped his 56% strike rate on Opening Day up to a much more acceptable 66%. Now he's still clearly getting used to Triple-A baseball, but that's certainly nothing out of the ordinary. Remember, he allowed 13 runs in his first three starts in Double-A before posting a .218 opponent average over the final nine. Unfortunately a poorly-timed error/homer combo -- allowed by Lutz and Jeff Stevens respectively -- was all the Red Wings would need in this one (despite a monstrous Pascucci bomb).
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-5, CS(2)
- 3B Zach Lutz: 1-4, 2 K, E(1); Depending on the severity of Wright's injury, there will certainly be more than a couple eyes on Lutz over the next few days
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-4, R
- RHP Matt Harvey: 5 IP, 2 ER, 7 H, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 WP; Once again a little uneven, showing flashes of dominance betrayed by bouts of wildness...though at 47 degrees, 22 mph wind and sporadic rain I'm still willing to chalk some up to weather
AA - Binghamton Mets (2-3)_____________________________________
ERIE 6, BINGHAMTON 1 (Box)
The B-Mets have scored four runs in their four losses this season. That's pretty much all you need to know on a night when the lineup managed just three singles. Well also that the bullpen was pretty bad also; namely Holt and Carson. For the record, I really don't see either of these guys as much of a factor for a major league club down the road.
- LF Juan Lagares: 0-3, BB, K; Fourth walk in five games, last season he averaged one walk for ever 4.6 games
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, SB(1)
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-3, BB, K
- DH Allan Dykstra: 0-2, R, BB
- C Juan Centeno: 0-4, RBI, 2 K
- LF Pedro Zapata: 0-5, 2 K
- LHP Mark Cohoon: L, 5 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, 1 HB
- LHP Robert Carson: 1 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 1 HR; Where have the groundball tendencies gone?
- RHP Brad Holt: 1 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 2 K; Speed bump on the road back to respectability
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (4-1)________________________________________
CHARLOTTE 2, ST. LUCIE 6 (Box)
All around good night for the lil' Mets who spread the wealth in this one, as six different Mets batters scored each of the six runs while starter Angel Cuan was masterful over seven scoreless. The 5'11" lefty doesn't blow away the scouts, yet continues to impress opposing batters as he climbs the ladder.
- RF Cesar Puello: DNP
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 2-3, R, HBP ,E(1)
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: DNP; Hamstring soreness, hopefully isn't related to same issue he had last season
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 0-2, BB
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, 2B, RBI, R
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-3, 2B, SB(4)
- DH Robbie Shields: 1-3, 3B, RBI, R, BB
- 3B Richard Lucas: 1-4, RBI, R, 2 K
- CF Alonzo Harris: 1-3, 2B, RBI, R, SB(1)
- LHP Angel Cuan: W, 7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K; Forget about stuff, all this guy does is put up numbers
- RHP Taylor Whitenton: 1 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (3-3)__________________________________
ROME 3, SAVANNAH 1 (Box)
Mets 2011 supplemental pick Michael Fulmer made his full season debut in this one and looked pretty good. In fact he had only allowed a pair of walks through four strong innings when he seemed to tire and allowed a couple runs in the fifth. Unfortunately, on a night when the Gnats offense managed just four hits and went 0-for-6 with RISP, that was enough for an L.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, 2B, K; Batting .208, slugging nearly .550
- C Albert Cordero: 0-3, BB, K
- DH Cam Maron: 0-4, K
- CF Travis Taijeron: 0-4, K; You've got to love the power but this is the kind of game that worries me about the 23-yr old
- LF Greg Pron: 0-3, R, BB, 2 SB(2), OF Assist; One of those was a theft of home
- RHP Michael Fulmer: L, 4.2 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 WP; 6 groundouts vs 3 flyouts
★ Star of the Night ★