*All results from games played on Monday April 16th
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (5-7)_______________________________________
LEHIGH VALLEY 8, BUFFALO 2 (Box)
Too many walks issued. Not enough offense. When you get those things in the same night you generally lose badly. Buffalo did. Jeurys Familia was again very wild, allowing a dozen baserunners in 4 innings of work. Zach Lutz continued his excellent play of late, it's hard to picture him not helping our bench by the end of the season at this rate.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 1-5, R
- 3B Zach Lutz: 3-5, K
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-3, 2 K
- RHP Jeurys Familia: 4 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 6 BB, 3 K - Yuck!
- RHP Dylan Owen: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, K
AA - Binghamton Mets (4-6)_____________________________________
NEW HAMPSHIRE 2, BINGHAMTON 1 (Box)
What happens when you go 1-10 with runners in scoring position? You usually lose. Binghamton would not prove to be the exception to the rule despite some relatively solid pitching tonight, as Matt Den Dekker's "Reyes run" was the only time the Mets crossed the plate on the evening.
- LF Juan Lagares: 0-4,R
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 2-3, 2B, BB, R, SB (2)
- LF Pedro Zapata: 0-4, 2 K
- LHP Mark Cohoon: 6 IP, 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, K
- RHP Elvin Ramirez: 2 IP, 2 H, 4 K, BB
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (9-2)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 2, CHARLOTTE 0 (Box)
The Mets played a little small ball in the 5th to produce a pair of runs, and that's all the St. Lucie staff would need in this one. I guess last year's Savannah rotation looks just as good in Florida.
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-4, 3 K
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 2-3, BB, R, SB (2)
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 0-3
- 2B Danny Muno: 0-4, K
- 3B Richard Lucas: 0-3, BB, K, R
- RHP Cory Mazzoni: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 4 K, BB
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (1-1)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, ROME 5 (Box)
Savannah got up in the early going and Michael Fulmer didn't embarrass himself in this one. Jared West struggled in his 2 innings of work allowing 3 ER to erase the Savannah lead in the ninth. Dustin Lawley would again homer for the Gnats in the 12th to win it for the Jr. Metsies.
- C Cam Maron: 1-4, R, RBI, BB, 3 K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 2-6, 2B, RBI
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-5, HR(3), 2 RBI, R, 3 K, BB
- RHP Michael Fulmer: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 4 K, BB
★ Star of the Night ★