*All results from games played on April 24, 2012
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (10-10)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 3, LEHIGH VALLEY 4 (Box -- 11 Innings)
The Bisons are none too potent with their three best hitters defected to Queens, a point they made interminably in an 11 inning 4-3 loss to the IronPigs. Last year, as Duda, Turner, and Tejada filtered up, 1B Josh Satin knocked down the door in AA and grew famous for his repeated two-single performances in Buffalo, earning a front-heavy slashline of .317/.381/.393. Last night he lived up to expectations. 3B Matt Tuiasosopo continues his sharp play -- the 25-year-old is 5 of his last 10 -- and another virgin Met, LF Vinny Rottino cracked his first home run for the world famous org. The Bisons actually pulled back from a 3-2 disadvantage with a 9th inning rally, but righty Jack Egbert, in the eleventh, gave up a hit, walked aman, and threw Scott Podsednik a spinner to end it.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: Up with the big club, where his major league stats so far consist of 1 put out.
- 3B Zach Lutz: Also called up, as Jason Bay lands on the DL. .323/.425/.556 for the Bisons, K'd looking in his first ML at bat, stranding 3.
- 1B Josh Satin: 2-4
- 1B Valentino Pascucci:1-5, 2B, 3 K
- LF Vinny Rottino: 2-5, R, HR(1), 2 RBI
- 3B Matt Tuiasosopo: 2-4, BB
- LHP Garrett Olson: 6 IP, 3 ER, 4 BB, 4 K, HR
- RHP Bradley Holt: 2 IP, H, BB, K
- RHP Jack Egbert: .1 IP, 2 H, ER, BB
AA - Binghamton Mets (9-8)_____________________________________
NEW HAMPSHIRE 4, BINGHAMTON 0 (Box)
SP Zack Wheeler walked half the world but somehow judiciously, exiting after the 5th inning in the throes of a 0-0 draw. The 6'4" 185-pounder chucked 93 pitches, barely half of which were strikes, and induced 5 grounders and 3 fly balls amid 3 well-spaced hits and the 6 walks. In all but 1 of Zach's innings did 2 batters reach base. Alas, the Bingo batters were likewise allergic to scoring some damn runs. Shut-out, they nevertheless managed 8 hits, placing 3 men in scoring position including the tripling hero RF Juan Lagares.
- LF Juan Lagares: 2-4, 3B
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-3, BB, 0 K
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-4, K
- LF Pedro Zapata: 0-3, K
- RHP Zack Wheeler: 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 6 BB, 2 K, WP, PO, 93 pitches, 48 strikes, 5 GB, 3 FB
- RHP Kevin Mulvey: 2 IP, 1 H, 3 K
- RHP Armando Rodriguez: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 K, 1 HR
- RHP Erik Turgeon: 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (15-3)________________________________________
FORT MYERS 7, ST. LUCIE 1 (Box)
3B Wilmer Flores, still born in August of 1991 after all these years, clubbed his second home run on the season and is slashing .394/.425/.697 in his last 10 games. Andres Torres evidently continues to work on some things. Other than that, forget it.
- DH Cesar Puello: 2-4
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 1-4, R, HR(2), RBI, K
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-4, K
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-4, K, E(2)
- 3B Richard Lucas: 2-4, 2B, K
- LHP Chase Huchingson: 4.1 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, 1 HR, E
- RHP Ryan Fraser: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 K
- LHP Hamilton Bennett: 2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- Rehab Alert -- CF Andres Torres: 0-4
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (11-8)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 14, WEST VIRGINIA 5 (Box)
You don't often see a number like 8-for-21 with runners in scoring position. It'll take a graphing calculator to figure out if that's even any good. It is! Fully 6 Gnats sprayed out multiple hits, and 2B T.J. Rivera bested them all with a homer, 4 hits, and as many RBI. The skinny right-hander Rafael Montero has walked just 1 batter -- one! -- in 4 starts spanning 22.2 innings, striking out 18 by the by. It won't take a graphing calculator to discover that's an 18/1 K/BB ratio, besting his 2011 mark of 60/13 in 68 innings across rookie ball and A-. The Dominican righty is 21.
- C Cam Maron: 2-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 2-6, R, RBI, K
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 4-6, 2 R, HR(1), 4 RBI, E(4)
- 3B Dustin Lawley: 2-6, R, HR(3), 3 RBI
- RHP Rafael Montero: 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- RHP Jeffrey Walters: 1 IP, 2 K
- LHP Carlos Vasquez: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 K
- RHP Tyson Seng: 1 IP 4, H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
★ Beaming Stars of the Night ★