*All results from games played on April 25th, 2012
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (11-10)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 12, LEHIGH VALLEY 1 (Box)
Seventeen years separated RHP Dylan Owen's home run on Monday from the last 4-base hit by a Buffalo pitcher, John Hope's for the then Pirates-affiliate on August 6, 1994. Three days later, we have another. SP Matt Harvey was simply splendid. Eric should forego a dozen payroll cycles and buy him John Hope's signed Bisons card for $7.99. The right-hander faced the minimum through four, added another three innings scoreless, and bowed out triumphant holding a 12-0 lead. He needed only 90 pitches, 66 of them strikes, to walk nobody while striking out five, inducing ten grounders and allowing just four men to reach. In the top of the fifth, Matt put the extra R in Harvery, clouting a first-pitch fastball into the ozone (video below). The fellas hit too. Boy, they hit. RF Val Pascucci went 3-5; C Lucas May and SS Omar Quintanilla went yard and more; and 1B Josh Satin was a total, insane monster, amassing nine bases and three ribbies while scoring twice, hitting four times, and homering. Let's play two!
- 1B Josh Satin: 4-5, 2 R, 2 2B, HR(2), 3 RBI, K
- C Lucas May: 3-4, 3 R, 2B, HR(2), 2 RBI, BB
- 1B Valentino Pascucci: 3-5, 2 R
- SS Omar Quintanilla: 1-4, R, HR(1), 2 RBI, K
- RHP Matt Harvey: HR, 2 RBI. Also: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K
- LHP Josh Edgin: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K; Second appearance since Monday's promotion
AA - Binghamton Mets (10-8)_____________________________________
NEW HAMPSHIRE 5, BINGHAMTON 9 (Box)
Bingo was ready at the bell. Den Dekker: double. Navarro: double. Rodriguez: single. Marte: sac fly. And it goes on like this, until eight runs were chiseled on the board through the first four innings. CF Matt Den Dekker is now five of his last ten with four extra base hits, and his strikeouts-per-game threatens to slip below 1.0; with a homer his second time up, he collected six bases in two innings. Last year's Romeo LHP Darin Gorki grinned at the help. Adjusting to the new league, the FSL's Most Valuable Pitcher has now collected two good starts, one meh, one terrible (last night's), and has walked 11 batters in 19.2 innings. Happily, a gate of solid lumber barred the Fisher Cats from ever seriously threatening.
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR(2), 2 RBI, BB, CS(3)
- 3B Jefry Marte: 2-4, R, RBI, K
- LF Pedro Zapata:1-4, 2 RBI, K
- 2B Josh Rodriguez: 2-4, R, BB, E(4), PO
- LHP Darin Gorski: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
- RHP Elvin Ramirez: 2 IP, 1 K
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (15-4)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 4, JUPITER 5 (Box)
3B Wilmer Flores has 16 RBI in the young season, and if this were the majors that would put him fifth in baseball, ahead of even A.J. Pierzynski (15)! In the sixth inning, Wilmer banged one out to tie the game and trotted the bases for the second time in as many days. The dinger was the final piece of an impressive four-run comeback, kicked off by CF Andres Torres's double in the fourth. (You'll remember him from opening day; short, former Giant.) A single was enough to hook righty reliever Taylor Whitenton with two outs in the eighth, and his lefty successor Adam Kolarek bounced a wild pitch and the runner to second. The go-ahead poke was delivered by Hammerhead 1B Brian McConkey. Yes, McConkey. Tough loss for a great team.
- RF Cesar Puello:1-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 1-4, R, HR(3), RBI, K; Batting .400 over his last ten
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, SB(2)
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-4, RBI, 2 K
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-4, R, 2 K
- RHP Yohan Almonte: 6 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- REHAB ALERT - CF Andres Torres: 1-4, R, 2B
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (11-9)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 1, WEST VIRGINIA 2 (Box)
Yesterday, 14 runs. Today, 11 whiffs. Each team scratched a run in the first, and Savannah's came on Aderlin Rodriguez's two-out single. Then the paid crowd of 2,029 settled down to some solidly pitched ball by Gnat's SP Alex Panteliodis and the Power's Zachary Fuesser, with the latter being, well, solider, striking out eight in 6 innings. Nevertheless the game was tied at one going into eighth, with untouchable Jack Leathersich clutching the seams. He induced a pop-up. A single rattled through. The runner stole, and scrambled to third on a bum throw. One more single was all it to unearn the run, and the left-hander's ERA holds at 0.75 (21 K, 4 BB, 1 ER, 12 IP).
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, RBI, 3 K
- CF Tillman Pugh: 0-4, 3 K
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 1-4, R, K
- LHP Alex Panteliodis: 6.1 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- LHP Jack Leathersich: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 K
★ Beaming Star of the Night ★