*All results from games played on Monday, May 7th
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (18-13)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 4, GWINNETT 3 (Box)
It wasn't as dramatic as the big league win last night, but the Herd won on a late rally of their own last night. An 8th inning featuring 3 walks and a pair of singles resulted in the 3 runs the Bisons needed to take this one. Chris Schwinden was back to his excellent AAA self on his return from the big leagues, hopefully he continues to do well now that he's back where he probably belongs.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: Hmmm...The new Señor Short Swing?
- LF Fred Lewis: 0-3, BB, RBI
- 3B Zach Lutz: 0-1, K
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-3, 2B, BB
- RHP Chris Schwinden: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 8 K, BB, HR
AA - Binghamton Mets (14-15)_____________________________________
Postponed, they'll have to wait to get back to .500
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (25-6)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 5, DUNEDIN 4 (Box)
A Wilmer Flores HR, a Richard Lucas double, a sac bunt and a sac fly were the winning combo for St. Lucie in the 8th inning last night. 25-6...wow.
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-3, RBI, K
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 3-4, HR, RBI, 2 R
- 2B Robbie Shields: 1-3, BB, R
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-4, K
- SS Danny Muno: 0-4, K
- 3B Richard Lucas: 1-4, 2B, K, 2 R
- RHP Yohan Almonte: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 7 K, 0 BB
- RHP Taylor Whitenton: 2.1 IP, H, K
- LHP Adam Kolarek: 0.1 IP, K, 2 H
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (19-12)______________________________
SAVANNAH 5, LAKEWOOD 0 (Box)
The Savannah bats didn't get going until late, but luckily the pitching in this one was very effective. Jacob DeGrom and Chris Vazquez allowed only one baserunner in this one, it's hard to lose with that type of pitching performance.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, K, R
- CF Travis Taijeron: 0-4, R
- RHP Jacob DeGrom: 6.2 IP, 1 H, 7 K, 0 BB
- RHP Carlos Vazquez: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 2 K, 0 BB
★ Star of the Night ★