*All results from games played on Friday June 22nd
Check out the 2012 Amazin' Avenue Pre-Season Top 50 Mets Prospects! And send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (38-37)_______________________________________
DURHAM 6, BUFFALO 5 (Box)
The Buffalo pen isn't looking much better than the Flushing one these days. Buffalo tried to rally in the ninth, but Fred Lewis grounded out leaving Josh Satin stranded on deck and unable to win the game with a home run. Boo.
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 3-5, 3B, 2 RBI, SB (13)
- 1B Josh Satin: 2-3, 2B, RBI, K
- RHP Jenrry Mejia: 0.1 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 0 K; Alternating good and bad outings it would seem.
- LHP Josh Edgin: 0.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K
AA - Binghamton Mets (34-37)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 12, ERIE 2 (Box)
A description of this game in filmic format.
- CF Juan Lagares: 0-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-3, HR (6), 3 R, RBI, 2 BB
- 2B Reese Havens: 1-4, R, BB, 2 K
- C Juan Centeno: 2-5, 2 RBI
- DH Wilmer Flores: 3-5, 2B, 2 R, 2 RBI, K
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-5, 3B, R, 2 RBI, K
- LHP Darin Gorski: W, 6 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 4 K
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (1-1 // 50-20)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 8, FORT MYERS 7 (5) (Box)
St. Lucie timed their comeback perfectly, using a three run home run by Rafael Fernandez and a solo shot from Blake Forsythe to take the lead just before the skies opened.
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-1, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- RF Cory Vaughn: 1-3, HR (14), 2 R, 2 RBI; That's two home runs in two second half games for Vaughn.
- C Blake Forsythe: 1-2, HR (5), 2 R, RBI, BB, K
- LHP Chase Huchingson: 4.2 IP, 7 ER, 5 H, 3 BB, 5 K, 1 HR, 3 HBP; Going to infer that he had some control issues.
- RHP Taylor Whitenton: W, 0.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 1 K; Whitenton just knows how to win.
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (1-1 // 42-27)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 5, AUGUSTA 1 (Box)
Jacob DeGrom pitched well. He and Verrett are probably not long for the South Atlantic League. Aderlin Rodriguez made another error. And the seasons they go round and round, and the painted ponies go up and down.
- C Cam Maron: 1-3, RBI, R
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, 2B, 2 K, E (14)
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 2-4, 2B, R, BB; Gomez intrigues me as he has tools, but has been handled so weirdly. Hoping he is the Gnats' everyday CF from here on out.
- RHP Jacob DeGrom: W, 6 IP, 1 ER, 8 H, 1 BB, 5 K
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-3, 2B, BB
- SS Philip Evans: 0-4, K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 0-2, BB, RBI
- 2B Juan Carlos Gamboa: 0-3, K
- RHP Julian Hilario: 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 6 K; 7 groundball outs. A bit older than the rest of the staff, but not unintriguing.
Short Season A - Brooklyn Cyclones (3-2)__________________________________
ABERDEEN 6, BROOKLYN 1 (Box)
Oof. Julian Hilario pitched well, but the bullpen coughed this one up with gusto.
Appalachian League (R) - Kingsport Mets (0-3)__________________________________
Kingsport and Greenville were suspended after five innings with the game tied at 5. Game will be completed today.
Star of the Night
Wilmer Flores seems to be taking to AA nicely, even if Keith Law keeps dissing him.
Goat of the Night
So many relievers to choose from. Let's go with Ramon Ramirez who has posted 40.50 ERA on his current rehab assignment in Buffalo.