*All results from games played on Saturday, June 2nd
Send all of your questions about the Mets farm system to AAProspectMailbag@gmail.com to see them answered here!
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (31-25)_______________________________________
TOLEDO 3, BUFFALO 2 (Box)
Buffalo battled back from an early 2-0 deficit to knot things up in Toledo, but Ohio continues to be a bugaboo for the Bisons. Fernando Cabrera gave up a walk-off home run. Buffalo had the bases loaded and no out in the seventh, and a man on third with two out in the ninth, but left all four runners stranded. All together, the Bisons were 0-13 with RISP. Fred Lewis had two hits for the Bisons, though neither came with a man in scoring position obviously.
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-4, 3 K; Likely on his way up for Sunday's game to replace Mike Baxter. That is a game I will be at. Coincedence? Or cause for making a giant #HAILSATIN sign? You be the judge.
- 3B Brad Emaus: 0-3, BB, K
AA - Binghamton Mets (26-27)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 5, AKRON 4 (Box)
Bingo jumped out to an early lead this one, powered by a four run fourth, but the Aeros clawed their way back into this one, chasing starter Darin Gorski in the seventh inning as they cut the lead to 5-4. The ninth had some drama, as Adrian Rosario put two on base via a single and a walk, but Rob Carson came on and struck out Tim Fedroff to seal the win for the B-Mets.
- RF Juan Lagares: 1-4, R, K
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 2-4, HR (8), R, RBI; Continues to intrigue, even if he is the same age as Nieuwenhuis.
- 3B Jefry Marte: 1-3, BB, K
- 2B Reese Havens: 0-3, R, BB, K; Someone on twitter suggested him as a possible DFA candidate with the upcoming roster crunch. Now, it's too early to start thinking about that, but it might not be way too early to start thinking about that.
- C Juan Centeno: 2-4, R, RBI, K; I can haz catching prospect?
- LHP Darin Gorski: W, 6.1 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Adrian Rosario: 0.2 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 1 BB, 0 K; After dominating Advanced A, has had control issues in the Eastern League. 5 BB in 4.2 IP
- RHP Brad Holt: 1.2, 1 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 3 K
- LHP Robert Carson: SV, 0.1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 K
Hi-A St. Lucie Mets (43-12!!!!!!!!!)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 2, TAMPA 0 (Box)
ST. LUCIE 6, TAMPA 5 (Box)
St. Lucie took care of business, clinching the division title in Game one of their doubleheader, and then put a cherry on it with a come from behind victory in the night cap. With more than two weeks of games still to be played in the first half, St. Lucie can take off their cleats and kick their feet up, having one 43 of their 55 games. That's a .782 winning percentage, holmes. Angel Cuan and Adam Kolarek combined for a four hit shut-out in Game One, and in Game Two, the Mets erased a 5-2 deficit with the help of five Yankees errors.
- 3B Wilmer Flores: 0-3, 2 K // 0-4, HBP
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-1, 2 BB, CS // 2-4, 2B, K, SB (11)
- RF Cory Vaughn: 1-2, 2B, R, BB // 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- C Blake Forsythe: 1-3, 2B, R, HBP
- 2B // PH-LF Robbie Shields: 1-3, 2B, RBI, K // 1-1, RBI
- 3B Richard Lucas: 2-4, 3 RBI
- LHP Angel Cuan: W, 6 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Erik Goeddel: 3 IP, 3 ER, 9 H, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HR; Uh, that's a lot of hits.
- RHP Taylor Whitenton: W, 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
- LHP Adam Kolarek: SV, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 2 K; Division clinched. Pack your bags.
Lo-A Savannah Sand Gnats (33-22)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 2, GREENSBORO 1 (Box)
The Gnats make it two straight against the Northern Division leading Grasshoppers behind another strong start from the mysterious Jacob DeGrom. Savannah continued to struggle with the whole scoring runs thing, but when your pitching staff is this good top to bottom, it really doesn't matter. Camden Maron and Aderlin Rodriguez provided the ribeyes for the Gnats, AdRod's hitting the grill via his ninth home run of the year.
- DH Cam Maron: 1-4, RBI, 2 K
- C Albert Cordero: 1-3, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, HR (9), R, RBI; The power is tantalizing, and he's still only 20.
- CF Travis Taijeron: 1-4, 2B, K
- RHP Jacob DeGrom: 6 IP, 0 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 5 K; Not much left to prove at this level.
★ Star of the Night ★