I'll be reviving another Amazin' Avenue staple starting this week: While You Were Out. In short, I'll compile the best of the site from each week, including community work from the FanShots and FanPosts. So since I don't have anything more to say, let's get to the point.
- This Date In Mets History: August 11 — K-Rod Punches Old Man, The Kid Knocks Out #300: Gary Carter hits home run, people are happy.
- New York Mets Daily Farm System Report- 8/11/12: No Owen Wilson Picture Today, I Promise: Is it too early for me to start getting excited about Rafael Montero? Yes? Okay.
- Do You Like The New SNY Camera Angle?: As always, this just serves to stoke my jealousy, since SNY isn't easily available in Indianapolis. Sad.
- Johan Santana's Return Will Help Mets, But Is It Enough?: Personally I remain confident that Johan Santana will be better than he was yesterday, but that was not a lot of fun.
- Grand Hyatt Hotel In New York City Is Favorite For Hotel Of The Year: Anything that causes Chipper Jones discomfort is okay by me.
- Transcript Of Bobby Ojeda's Chat With Mets Bloggers And A Brief Pat LaFrieda Steak Sandwich Review: I really like it when the Mets make an effort to extend access to people outside the mainstream media. And that sandwich sounds delicious.
- R.A. Dickey's Season In Mets Historical Context: Start #23: RAmen.
- Dickey Continues Cy-Worthy Season in Mets Romp: I included this mostly because we won so seldom this week. Remember the good times.
- An Explanation Of Win Expectancy Graphs: This is a good primer/refresher.
- Prospect Spotlight: The Re-Emergence of Alonzo Harris: A really cool look at a prospect that Omar Minaya tried really hard to ruin, evidently.
- New York Mets Daily Farm System Report- 8/5/12: It's that damn Hansel, he's so hot right now: Zoolander quotes are a great way to get my attention.
- Mike Baxter's Five Walks, Jeremy Hefner's Six Strong Innings Help Mets To 6-2 Win Over The Padres: Come for the fact that this is the other game we won this week, stay for the analysis of Dale Thayer's mustache.
FanPost of the Week: Lutz in LF? by gh41. Admittedly it's not a pantheon FanPost and it could really use some line breaks, but there were only two this week. It wasn't posted this week, but since this feature didn't exist then, also take a look at An argument for a hypothetical Bay/Bell/Buck trade by Reg Dunlop. Beside the fact that it's written by my favorite fictional hockey player, it's well-written and well-thought-out. Use this as your guide, and let's get some more action on the FanPosts!
FanShot of the Week: Untitled Batman Parody by The Apple. It's just great.