*All results from games played on Friday, August 3rd
AAA - Buffalo Bisons (55-58)_______________________________________
BUFFALO 13, SYRACUSE 7 (Box)
Jeurys Familia was pretty awful again, but that performance was quickly buried under an avalanche of runs from the Bisons' line-up. Josh Satin erased a 5-3 deficit with a three-run bomb, and Buffalo piled on from there. Fun fact: Wally Backman was ejected after getting into a fight with the Syracuse bench. That's a new one. Apparently he crossed between the mound and the plate when he went out to coach third base. WALLYBALL!
- RF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-1; Left after coming up lame running out a grounder in the first. Early reports is plantar fascitis. Ruh-roh
- CF Matt Den Dekker: 1-4, BB, K, SB (17)
- 1B Zach Lutz: 3-4, 2 2B, 2 R, 3 RBI, BB, K
- 2B Josh Satin: 4-5, HR (12), 2 2B,R, 4 RBI, K; Headed for stage lights and leer jets, fortune and fame.
- PH Valentino Pascucci: 0-1
- LF Lucas Duda: 3-4, HR (1), 3 R, 2 RBI, BB, K
- C Mike Nickeas: 2-4, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI, BB
- RHP Jeurys Familia: 2.2 IP, 5 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 0 K, 2 HR; I got nothing, so question for the gallery: How far does Familia drop on your Mets prospect list this offseason? Is he still in the Top 10?
AA - Binghamton Mets (53-58)_____________________________________
READING 4, BINGHAMTON 1 (Box)
Darin Gorski surrendered three home runs, and the B-Mets only hit one. You can probably do the math from there. Gorski's HR/9 at AA this season has been 1.39. That's problematic.
- CF Juan Lagares: 0-4, 2 K
- 3B Jefry Marte: 0-4, K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 1-3, BB, K
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 2-4, HR (14), R, RBI, K
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-4
- LHP Darin Gorski: L, 6 IP, 5 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, 3 HR; Not giving up on him, but in the back of my mind I did worry this would happen. He was an extreme flyball pitcher even in St. Lucie.
- RHP Adrian Rosario: 2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (20-22 // 69-41)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 6, FORT MYERS 1 (Box)
The B-Mets could have used Aderlin Rodriguez, who hit two bombs for St. Lucie. Cory Vaughn and Rafel Fernandez added solo shots of their own in support of a strong start from Tyler Pill.
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 3-4, 2 HR (20), 2 R, 2 RBI
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, HR (18), 2 R, RBI, BB, 2 K
- LF Travis Taijeron: 0-4, K
- 2B Danny Muno: 3-5, R, SB (13)
- C Blake Forsythe: 0-4, BB, 3 K
- RHP Tyler Pill: W, 7.2 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 10 K, 2 HBP; Pill doesn't blow anybody away, but continues to miss bats at Advanced A.
- LHP Hamilton Bennett: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K; Lefties batting just .162 against him.
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats ( 18-24 // 59-50)__________________________________
ASHEVILLE 3, SAVANNAH 2 (Box)
Domingo Tapia was the hard-luck loser in this one, pitching into the eighth at the launching pad in Asheville. A fielding error by Yucarybert de la Cruz helped the Tourists snatch the lead back from the Gnats who continue to struggle to score runs.
- DH Cam Maron: 1-3, RBI, BB
- C Albert Cordero: 0-4, K, E (8)
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 1-4, 2B, 2 K
- SS Matthew Reynolds: 2-3, 2B, R, K, E (4)
- RHP Domingo Tapia: L, 7.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, HBP; Throw in 13 groundball outs as well. Swoon.
Short Season A - Brooklyn Cyclones (27-18)__________________________________
BROOKLYN 3, CONNECTICUT 1 (Box)
Luis Cessa, Matthew Bowman and John Mincone combined on a two-hit shutout while the Cyclones punished the Tigers with a barrage of twelve hits. Brooklyn climbs back to within two games of Hudson Valley for the division lead.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 2-3, 2B, R, BB, K
- SS Philip Evans: 3-4, 2B, R, RBI
- DH Kevin Plawecki: 1-3, 2B, R
- 2B Juan Carlos Gamboa: 1-3
- RHP Luis Cessa: W, 5 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Matt Bowman: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K; Very quietly posting a 16:1 K:BB ratio in 15.1 IP out of the Brooklyn pen. Has three pitches, one of which is a solid change-up. Curious to see if they let him start next year in A-ball, even if he's likely a reliever long term.
Appalachian League (R) - Kingsport Mets (13-27)__________________________________
GREENVILLE 18, KINGSPORT 2 (Box)
Star of the Night
Aderlin Rodriguesz Tyler Pill, and half the Buffalo line-up had great games, but you know, HAIL SATIN!
Goat of the Night
Sorry, Corey Oswalt, but crooked numbers like that draw the attention of the horns.