We here at Amazin' Avenue would like to thank you for reading and participating in our great community. The Mets have seen better days, but we'd like to think that this community makes even the bad times enjoyable. So thank you!
And here, in no particular order, are some people for whom and things for which we are grateful.
- Shannon Forde, who has been nothing short of amazin' over the past year, and Danielle Parillo of the Mets. Without them, we wouldn't be able to do everything we do here.
- And for that matter, we're glad to have the Mets. We'll probably be a little more glad a year or two or three down the road, but things just wouldn't quite be the same without them.
- David Wright, who signed a team-friendly, long-term deal to stick around and—at least theoretically—give the Mets greater ability to build a winning team. He's certainly deserving of the captaincy that was bestowed upon him at the beginning of the year.
- The team's beat reporters. Making a living writing about baseball would be a dream job for many, but these folks deal with all of the downsides that baseball players do—spending tons of time away from home, friends, and family—without making millions of dollars, and they give Mets fans plenty to read and discuss: Kristie Ackert, Marc Carig, Jorge Castillo, Anthony DiComo, Jared Diamond, Mike Puma, Tim Rohan, and Adam Rubin.
- Mr. Met, who is undoubtedly the greatest mascot in sports.
- Baseball-Reference, Fangraphs, and Baseball Prospectus. Imagine following baseball without them.
- GKR and Kevin, who constitute the best baseball broadcasting team this side of the Chavez Ravine.
More from Amazin' Avenue