- Ruben Tejada hit a two-run home run against Stephen Strasburg.
- Zack Wheeler threw two scoreless innings with two strikeouts and one walk. In his first inning of work, he had a runner at third base with no outs but struck out Tyler Moore and Chad Tracy, both swinging.
- Cory Mazzoni threw two scoreless innings of his own, striking out three and walking none in the process.
- Darin Gorski threw a scoreless inning, and Bobby Parnell did, too, as he notched a spring training save.
- Kirk Nieuwenhuis went 1-for-3 with a run scored, and Collin Cowgill went 1-for-1 and scored. Not a bad day for the Mets' potential center field platoon.
With all of those scoreless performances from the pitching staff, it was Shaun Marcum who allowed the Nationals' only three runs of the game in the second inning. The Mets will play two split-squad games tomorrow afternoon, one on the road against the Astros and one at home against the University of Michigan.
Nice job by Steve Sypa; his effort in the game thread embiggens us all.
|5||The Nameless One||71|