*All results from games played on Saturday, April 21, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51's (10-7)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 10, COLORADO SPRINGS 6 (Box)
Elevation ball! The 51s won last night in Colorado Springs (the highest elevation of any stadium in professional baseball), as Chris Schwinden threw five and one-third innings of unspectacular but solid ball to get the win. Las Vegas led the game wire-to-wire, taking a 3-0 lead courtesy of a Zach Lutz RBI single and a Jamie Hoffmann double which plated two 51s in the first inning and never relinquishing it. In spite of leading throughout, there were still some Pepto-Bismol moments as the Sky Sox cut a 7-3 lead into a one-run deficit in the bottom of the seventh before Sean Henn struck out opposing pitcher (c'est la vie) Jeff Manship with runners on the corners, extinguishing the last true threat Colorado Springs would pose the rest of the night. Vegas would add two runs in the eighth and another run in the ninth to propel themselves to the four-run victory.
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 1-4, R, 2 K
- CF Juan Lagares: 1-5, 2B, K, 2 RBI
- 3B Reese Havens: 1-4, 2 R, BB, 2 K
- 1B Zach Lutz: 2-5, R, 3 RBI, K
- RF Andrew Brown: 1-4, 2 R, BB
- C Juan Centeno: 1-3, R, 2 RBI
- RHP Chris Schwinden: 5.1 IP, 3 R (2 ER), 5 H, 3 BB, 5 K, WP, E (1)
- RHP Gonzalez Germen: 1 IP, 2 ER, 2 H, BB, 2 K
- LHP Sean Henn: 0.2 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, K
- RHP Greg Burke: 2 IP, 3 H, K
AA - Binghamton Mets (9-7)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 3, NEW HAMPSHIRE 0 (Box)
Montero to Leathersich to Walters. Game over. The three allowed five hits and three walks while striking out ten in yesterday's jewel in Manchester. Cory Vaughn went deep for the second straight game, a two-run stroke in the eighth that broke the game open into a 3-0 lead. Wilfredo Tovar showed signs of life with two doubles and a run scored.
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 2-4, 2 2B, R
- LF Darrell Ceciliani: 2-2, R, 2 BB. RBI, SB (3)
- 2B Danny Muno: 1-3, BB, CS (3)
- RF Cory Vaughn: 1-4, R, 2 RBI, HR (3)
- CF Alonzo Harris: 1-4, SB (3)
- RHP Rafael Montero: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 BB, 6 K
- LHP Jack Leathersich: 2 IP, 2 BB, 4 K
- RHP Jeff Walters: 1 IP, H, BB, S (5)
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (10-6)________________________________________
FT. MYERS 5, ST. LUCIE 6 (Box)
You go Domingo Tapia! And a Frank Frank sighting as well! Randy Fontanez had a nice 6-2 ninth-inning lead before giving up a hit and walking three without recording an out. Hamilton Bennett allowed 2 of his three inherited runners to score, but struck out two in his inning of work to get his second save of the year. The game ended on a 6-2 Matt Reynolds to Albert Cordero putout, cutting a second Miracle runner from trying to score on an infield single. Take 'em any way you can boys.
- 1B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-4, K
- SS Matt Reynolds: 3-4, RBI
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-4, R, K
- DH Cam Maron: 0-4, 2 K; Hot start has been tempered of late
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 2-4, 2 2B, 2 R, 3 RBI
- RHP Domingo Tapia: 7 IP, 2 R (0 ER), 4 H, 1 BB, 6 K
- RHP Frank Francisco: 1 IP, K; Well, he would be amazing in the FSL, would he not?
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (9-7)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, LAKEWOOD 4 (Box)
Rainy Lara gets the win! It's ugly, but a win nonetheless in the ledger. Relieving Lara were Hunter Carnevale, Jake Kuebler, and Bret Mitchell who pitched 3.2 innings of one-hit relief and the latter obtaining his first save of the season. Oh, Brandon Nimmo: still good.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-3, 3B, 2 R, 2 BB, K
- DH Kevin Plawecki: 1-4, 2B, BB, K
- SS Phillip Evans: 0-1
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 3-4, 2B, 4 RBI, BB
- RHP Rainy Lara: 5.1 IP, 4 ER, 11 H, BB, 2 K; Meh (Not MEH), but it works for the night.
Star of the Night
Rafael Montero rules! As do you in a slightly less spectacular fashion, Domingo Tapia!
Goat of the Night
Oh Randy Fontanez and Gonzalez Germen. Didn't your mothers tell you not to play with fire in relief?