*All results from games played on Saturday, April 6, 2013
AAA - Las Vegas 51's (3-0)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 6, SACRAMENTO 1 (Box)
The Mets remain undefeated since moving to
New Orleans Buffalo Las Vegas with a solid 6-1 win at Raley Field. Collin McHugh pitched superbly, continuing the nightly trend of Metropolitan farmhand starters throwing quality innings. McHugh and relievers Robert Carson and Greg Peavey held the River Cats to seven hits and one walk while striking out ten. Andrew Brown and Jamie Hoffmann collected three hits apiece, and Brian Bixler doubled, tripled, and stole two bases to pace the offensive.
- C Travis d'Arnaud: 0-3, SF, RBI, BB, K
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 0-4, BB
- CF Juan Lagares: 0-5, K
- RF Zach Lutz: 1-3, 2B, RBI, R, BB, K
- 1B Josh Satin: 1-5, HR (1), 2 RBI, R, K
- DH Andrew Brown: 3-4, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- RHP Collin McHugh: 5.1 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 7 K, 2 HB, E (1); 7 strikeouts, 6 groundouts
- LHP Robert Carson: 1.2 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 BB, K;
- RHP Greg Peavey: 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 2 K
AA - Binghamton Mets (3-0)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 7, AKRON 5 (Box)
The B-Mets claimed their third consecutive victory at Canal Park with 7-5 win over the Aeros. Darrell Ceciliani's one-out triple in the first was followed by Josh Rodriguez's single to give the Mets the early 1-0 lead, and the score would remain the same until the top of the fourth when Cory Vaughn tripled home Rodriguez, Danny Muno doubled home Vaughn, and Blake Forsythe singled in Muno to give Binghamton a four-run advantage against Aeros starter Matt Packer. Logan Verrett cruised through six scoreless innings until encountering turbulence in the seventh in the form of a two-run home-run and subsequent walk. John Church entered the game, and while allowing the inherited runner to score, conceded no further damage leaving with a 5-3 lead. Forsythe put the stud pants on again in the eighth, tripling home Muno and Vaughn to vault the Mets ahead 7-3. Adam Kolarek pitched a solid, uneventful 8th, and Adrian Rosario pitched a nervous, eventful ninth after allowing a leadoff walk and two-run home run to cut the Mets lead in half, before retiring the next three Aeros and clinching the win.
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 0-3, HBP, K
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 2-5, 3B, 2B, R, K
- 2B Danny Muno: 2-5, 2B, RBI, 2 R, SB
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, 3B, RBI, 2 R, BB, K, SB
- LF Alonzo Harris: 2-4, 2B, R, BB, K, SB, CS; Picked off first base after leading off the game with a single
- DH Blake Forsythe: 3-4, 3B, 2B, 3 RBI, K
- RHP Logan Verrett: 6 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HR
- LHP Adam Kolarek: 1 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Adrian Roasrio: 1 IP, 2 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HR; Finished the game, but getting batters out at Bingo still proving to be difficult
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (3-0)________________________________________
ST. LUCIE 6, JUPITER 1 (Box)
Jacob DeGrom threw six sterling shutout innings in Jupiter, leaving with a 1-0 lead before St. Lucie broke the game open with a five-run fifth against the Hammerhead bullpen. After some slight scuffling from Marcos Camarena, Estarlin Morel and T.J. Chism worked the last two and a third inning in scoreless fashion to propel St. Lucie to the 6-1 victory.
- 1B Aderlin Rodriguez: 0-4
- SS Matt Reynolds: 1-4, 2 RBI
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-3, R, BB, 3 K
- C Cam Maron: 1-4, R, K
- 2B: T.J. Rivera: 2-5, 2B, R, 2 RBI
- RHP Jacob DeGrom: 6 IP, 0 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 6 K; Why hello there, 8-to-1 GB:FB ratio, nice to see you.
- LHP T.J. Chism: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (1-2)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 3, ROME 6 (Box)
Steven Matz is in full-season ball! And he looked good! However, the Sand Gnats converted a 3-0 fifth inning lead into 5-3 deficit heading into the sixth and never recovered, falling 6-3 to the Braves. Jeffrey Glenn gave Kevin Plawecki the day off from catching duties, and performed admirably with two singles and two walks.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-4, R, SB
- DH Kevin Plawecki: 2-3, RBI, R, BB, K
- SS Phillip Evans: 0-4, 2 K
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 1-4, 2B, 3 K
- C Jeffrey Glenn: 2-2, 2 2B, 2 BB
- LHP Steven Matz: 4+ IP, 2 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 6 K; Stuff has never been an issue despite the health woes
- RHP Jake Kuebler: 3 IP, 4 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 3 K, 1 HR
- RHP Julian Hilario: 1 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 0 K
Star of the Night
Jacob DeGrom. He was the good Jake!
Honorable Mention goes to Blake Forsythe for raking in Akron today.
Goat of the Night
Jake Kuebler. The not so-good Jake.
Adrian Rosario and Gilbert Gomez merit dishonorable mention as well.