*All results from games played on Friday, May 24th, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51s (22-24)__________________________________
SALT LAKE 5, LAS VEGAS 6 (Box)
Yay! Carlos Torres pitched seven sterling innings! Josh Edgin pitched a pretty crappy eighth! David Aardsma earned a save, but not without making fans look for Pepto-Bismol! Reese Havens doubled and tripled, and Kirk Nieuwenhuis and Josh Satin each went deep for our Pacific Coast League heroes.
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 1-4, R, 2 RBI, BB, 2 K, HR (4)
- LF Collin Cowgill: 1-4, BB, K
- DH Josh Satin: 1-4, R, RBI, HR (7)
- 1B Wilmer Flores: 1-4
- 3B Zach Lutz: 2-4, R, K
- C Francisco Pena: 3-4, R
- 2B Reese Havens: 2-4, 2B, 3B, 2 R, RBI
- RHP Carlos Torres: 7 IP, 7 H, 2 R (1 ER), 0 BB, 10 K
- LHP Josh Edgin: 1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, K, HR
- RHP David Aardsma: 1 IP, H, 2 BB (1 IBB)
AA - Binghamton Mets (26-22)_____________________________________
PORTLAND 10, BINGHAMTON 9 (Box)
Cory Mazzoni got rocked in his first two innings resulting in a 5-0 B-Met deficit after two. However, Bingo staged an admirable comeback trailing 8-3 in the bottom of the seventh as Cesar Puello and Blake Forsythe home runs cut the lead to one. Upon tying the game in the bottom of the eighth, Jeff Walters proceeded to do this: leadoff triple (that bounced out of Puello's glove), wild pitch, groundout, walk, stolen base, wild pitch, RBI double. The Mets did get to SeaDog closer Brock Huntzinger to the tune of doubles from Wilfredo Tovar and Josh Rodriguez (the latter of which was of the RBI variety) but managed to strand Rodriguez at second, one of twelve men left on base in the game.
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-5, 2 R, RBI, K, HR (7)
- LF Cory Vaughn: 1-5, 2B, RBI, 4 K
- CF Darrell Ceciliani: 1-5, RBI
- C Blake Forsythe: 2-5, R, 2 RBI, 3 K, HR (3)
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 2-5, 2 2B, R, RBI
- RHP Cory Mazzoni: 5 IP, 6 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, HR
- RHP Jeff Walters: IP, 2 H, 2 ER, BB, 2 WP
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (26-20)________________________________________
BRADENTON 8, ST. LUCIE 6 (Box)
Sooo... this is how the top of the first went for Domingo Tapia:
Yeah, not gonna get it done at any level. To the S-Mets credit, four runs in the bottom of the eighth chipped the lead to 8-5, and they had the winning run come to the plate in the bottom of ninth in Cam Maron, but his flyout to center ended the game.
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 1-5
- SS Matt Reynolds: 2-2, R, RBI, 3 BB
- LF Dustin Lawley: 0-5, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez: 3-5. 2 R, RBI
- RF Travis Taijeron: 2-5, RBI
- C Cam Maron: 1-4, R, RBI, BB
- RHP Domingo Tapia: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 4 BB; Oh geez.
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (27-19)__________________________________
AUGUSTA 5, SAVANNAH 6 (Box)
YAY SAVANNAH! Matt Koch was mediocre but got the win thanks to some stellar bullpenning from Julian Hilario, Hunter Carnevale, and Beck Wheeler. Kevin "please promote me soon" Plawecki went yard for his sixth home run, and Stefan Sabol's 2-RBI double in the bottom of the fifth held up.
- CF Eudy Pina: 1-5, R, 2 K
- DH Jayce Boyd: 2-4, 2 R
- LF Stefan Sabol: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 2-3, R, 4 RBI, BB, HR (6); .366/.447/.615
- SS Phil Evans: 0-3, K, 2 E (16); More to come in the "Goat of the Night" section
- 3B/2B Jeff Reynolds: 0-3, BB, K
- RHP Matthew Koch: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 R (4 ER), 5 K, 2 HR
- RHPs Julian Hilario/Hunter Carnevale/Beck Wheeler: 4 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K
Star(s) of the Night
- Holy crap, Carlos Torres!
- Reese Havens had an awesome night at the plate, and I'm rooting like hell for him.
- Matt Reynolds with nice night at St. Lucie
- Kevin Plawecki really has nothing left to prove at Low-A. At all.
Goat(s) of the Night
- Domingo Tapia. I love the stuff, but even his grandmother won't like that line last night.
- Phillip Evans might as well have horns soldered to his cap at this rate, as he finished an 0-3 night with two errors by getting ejected for arguing balls and strikes.
- Cory Vaughn did some good things, but still earned the sombrero de oro!
- Jeff Walters has done a ton of good things this season...last night was not one of them.