*All results from games played on Friday, June 7th, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51s (32-27)__________________________________
LAS VEGAS 12, TACOMA 5 (Box)
Wilmer Flores, Andrew Brown, and Brandon Hicks each hit home runs in last night's victory over the Rainiers. The 51s hammered Tacoma starter James Paxton, providing Zack Wheeler a 9-1 lead after 4.1 innings. However, Wheeler could not get the win as he only pitched a rather laborious 4.2 innings himself, accumulating 105 pitches in the process. The 51s, given their proclivity for having the bats become meek at times, raked to the tune of 13 hits, 9 of which were of the extra base variety.
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-5, 4 K
- LF Collin Cowgill: 0-3, 2 BB
- DH Josh Satin: 1-3, 2B, 3 R, 2 BB, K
- 2B Wilmer Flores: 3-5, 2B, 2 R, 4 RBI, HR (5)
- SS Brandon Hicks: 3-5, R, 4 RBI, 2 K, HR (3)
- RHP Zack Wheeler: 4.2 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 7 K; 105 pitches/65 strikes
AA - Binghamton Mets (36-25)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 3, ALTOONA 2 (Box)
Cesar Puello went deep agai... Oh, sorry, he didn't, it's becoming standard protocol when writing Bingo recaps at this rate. Though Mr. Cesar did have two hits, two stolen bases, and an RBI, and Logan Verrett pitched 6.1 innings to get Bingo a road win in Altoona last night.
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (30-25)________________________________________
POSTPONED - RAIN
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (36-23)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, ROME 4 (Box)
Sand Gnat bats in tune,
Matthew Koch whiffs seven Braves
Twelve go down in all.
(Mind you the Sand Gnats whiffed 17 times last night, but still made enough contact to win)
- RF Eudy Pina: 0-5, 3 K
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-4, 3B, R, RBI, 2 K
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 2-5, RBI, 3 K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-5, RBI, 2 K
- LF Stefan Sabol: 0-5, 3 K
- SS YYucary De La Cruz: 0-3, K, E (3)
- 2B Jeff Reynolds: 1-4, 2 R, BB, K
- 3B Cole Frenzel: 1-1, R, 3 BB
Star of the Night
Remember when Wilmer Flores was thought to no longer be an impact prospect? Hahahaha, good times. Cole Frenzel did not strike out for the Sand Gnats last night so kudos to him.
Goat of the Night
Captain Kirk. And Savannah, despite the win, whiffing 17 times as a team.
Send an email to the AA Prospect Mailbag!