*All results from games played on Thursday, July 25th, 2013*
AAA - Las Vegas 51s (56-47)__________________________________
RENO 3, LAS VEGAS 5 (Box)
Rafael Montero took the mound for Vegas Thursday night and while the results weren't awful, the peripherals were not great as he walked three and struck out just one over six innings. Montero's strikeout to walk ratio is now 34:16 in 44 Triple-A innings.
- LF Mike Baxter: 2-5, 2 R, RBI, 2B, HR, K
- SS Ruben Tejada: 2-5, 2 R, K
- IF Wilmer Flores: DNP. Rubin said he sat due to normal soreness.
- 2B Jordany Valdespin: 2-4, RBI, K, E (3)
- 3B Zach Lutz: 1-4, RBI, 2 K
- PH Matt den Dekker: 0-1
- RHP Rafael Montero: 6 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, K
AA - Binghamton Mets (64-39)_____________________________________
TRENTON 2, BINGHAMTON 0 (Box)
Darin Gorski tossed perhaps the best game he's ever tossed--a complete game three-hitter--but it wasn't enough because the B-Mets only managed one hit of their own and lost 2-0. Unfortunately for Gorski, two of the three hits he allowed were in succession, with the second one being of the round-trip variety to account for the only runs in the game. It was the fourth time this season the B-Mets have been shut-out but the first time since May 23rd. As for Gorski, he lowered his Bingo ERA to 2.48 and has yet to allow more than two runs in a Double-A outing this season.
- 2B Daniel Muno: 0-2, BB
- RF Cesar Puello: 0-2, BB, K
- 3B Josh Rodriguez: 0-5, K
- LF Darrell Ceciliani: 0-3, BB, 3 K
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, BB, K
- LF Alonzo Harris: 0-3, BB
- LHP Darin Gorski: 9 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, BB, 6 K
Hi-A - St. Lucie Mets (17-12 / 54-42)________________________________________
Lo-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (13-15 / 56-41)__________________________________
Short-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (16-20)
Rk - Kingsport Mets (19-14)_____________________________
ELIZABETHTON 1, KINGSPORT 3 (Box)
- SS Amed Rosario: 0-3, R, BB
- LF Joe Tuschak: 0-3, K
- C Jeyckol De Leon: 1-3 BB
- CF Bradley Marquez: 0-3, R RBI, K
- RHP Persio Reyes: 9 IP, 4 H, R, ER, 0 BB, 7 K; Complete game 4-hitter for the 20-year-old Reyes, lowering his ERA to 3.21. He now has a 27:5 K to BB in 28 innings.
Rk - GCL Mets (8-22)_______________________________
GCL METS 4, GCL MARLINS 2 (Box)
So, Luca Duda and Travis d'Arnaud are on rehab assignments in the GCL--old news. What's interesting about these rehab assignments is that Lucas Duda is playing left-field. Now, I don't about you, but I've seen Lucas Duda: Outfielder and it's a horror film that I have no interest in watching further. Duda is one of the five worst defensive outfielders in MLB and I'm probably being generous with top 5. There are other implications of Duda rehabbing in the outfield; Ike Davis. At some point a decision needs to be made about which left-handed bat is the best fit for this team at first base. That decision may come this off-season, when the Mets need to decide whether or not they want to non-tender Ike or not.
- 2B Branden Kaupe: 1-4, R, BB, 2 K
- 1B Dominic Smith: 1-4, K
- CF Ivan Wilson: 1-3, R, BB, 2 K
- LF Vicente Lupo: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- RHP Gaby Almonte: 6.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 0 ER, BB, 5 K
- REHAB ALERT C Travis d'Arnaud: 1-3, R, RBI, BB
- REHAB ALERT LF Lucas Duda: 0-3, BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night
The entire B-Mets lineup for not backing up Gorski.