You wanted a throwback of the non-Pepsi variety? Well, you can own a piece of Mets history, as the bat that Roger Clemens threw at Mike Piazza is now up for sale.
A few of the Mets have already made their way down to Port St. Lucie.
Greg Prince pleads with the Mets and WOR to keep the team's radio booth intact.
Ken Rosenthal writes about the Mets' pursuit of Stephen Drew in a free agent rundown.
Michael Baron provides a nice summary of the Stephen Drew sweepstakes.
Mets.com takes a look at Jeurys Familia's chances with the 2014 team.
Rising Apple asks, "do the Mets need a change in their radio booth?"
Around the Majors
David Ortiz is looking for a long-term deal, otherwise it's "time to move on."
CSN talks about how Bobby Jenks should serve as a cautionary tale to athletes.
Fangraphs says Oliver Perez could be a bargain this winter.
Yesterday at AA
Ari Berkowitz took a look at the new faces in the Mets bullpen.
Rob Castellano reviewed Baseball Prospectus' prospect list.
If you read an article or find a link that you think would be a great addition to a future edition of Mets Morning News, please forward it to our tips email address email@example.com and we'll try to add it in.
- Baseball Prospectus includes three Mets in their top 101 prospects
- 2014 Mets Bullpen Preview: The new guys
- Mets Morning News: How do you pitch a flamethrower and how do you teach a donkey to act? Questions, questions.
- Mets Morning News: "What's the deal with shortstops? They're not actually short!"
- Mets Afternoon News: Rolling the dice and shooting the arrow?