I regret that we haven't done this more often, but I was inspired by this post at SB Nation Reds site Red Reporter to do something similar here. More than just a place to gather and chit-chat about the Mets, Amazin' Avenue is a proper online community and I'm delighted at the general camaraderie that has developed here over the years.
Nevertheless, many of you may not know one another very well, and moreover for every active commenter there are a dozen or more lurkers who read the site regularly but don't participate for one reason or another. If one of those reasons is a discomfiture with dipping your toes into the occasionally intense conversational waters here, I hope this exercise will ease your reticence.
Below is a list of quasi-personal but not especially intrusive questions for everyone to answer.
1. What is your first name?
2. Where do you live (e.g., state, city/state, country)?
3. Where are you from originally?
4. How did you become a Mets fan?
5. What do you do for a living?
6. When and how did you find Amazin' Avenue?
7. Who is your favorite historical Met?
8. Who is your favorite current Met?
9. What Met, past or present, do you dislike irrationally?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite movie?
12. What is your favorite TV show, past or present?
13. What pets, if any, do you have?
14. What do you like to do for fun, non-baseball-related?
15. What's your favorite beer/wine/Scotch/beverage?
I encourage both regulars and newbies, prolific commenters and long-time lurkers, to participate. Please answer honestly and openly, and above all else have fun!