*All results from games played on Monday, April 14th 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (9-3)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 5, FRESNO 2 (Box)
The 51s beat Fresno last night behind solid pitching from Noah Syndergaard and the continued rehab of Chris Young, who finally made an out after reaching base his first eight trips. Syndergaard was solid, working his way out of a couple jams either via the strikeout or with some timely pitches. The radar gun had him sitting in the upper 90's most of the night and, according to the broadcast, his last pitch hit 100.
- REHAB ALERT LF Chris Young: 2-3, 2 R, 2 BB, K, SB; He's ready, and just in time, too, with Lagares going down. Unfortunately, he's not eligible to return until Friday.
- CF Matt den Dekker: 2-4, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- IF Anthony Seratelli: dnp
- PH Bobby Abreu: 0-1
- 2B-SS Wilmer Flores: 1-4, RBI, BB, K
- OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: dnp
- SS-1B Eric Campbell: 0-4, R, BB
- 3B Zach Lutz: 1-3, RBI, BB, K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 1-2, R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-4, R, 2B, E
- C Juan Centeno: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- PH-2B Danny Muno: 0-1
- RHP Noah Syndergaard: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (7-4)_____________________________________
BINGHAMTON 4, PORTLAND 9 (Box)
A six run sixth inning for the Portland Sea Dogs did in the B-Mets in the opener of their three game set up in Maine. Greg Peavey was cruising along until he opened the sixth allowing a double and two walks before being replaced by Adam Kolarek, who struggled to coax a ball in play to an actual defender. This Binghamton squad is the rare double-A team that appears to be assembled to win now, with several older position players as well as pitchers repeating the level. It's an odd mix that should lead to lots of W's but also lots of box scores that are scanned rather quickly.
- OF Darrell Ceciliani: DNP
- LF Kyle Johnson: 0-3, R, 2 BB, K
- 3B Brian Burgamy: 1-4, R, HR, 2 RBI, K
- 1B Matt Clark: 3-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, K
- DH Jayce Boyd: 1-4, K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- RF Cory Vaughn: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Matt Reynolds: 1-4, 2B
- 3B Dustin Lawley: 0-4, 2 K
- RHP Greg Peavey: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 7 K
- LHP Adam Kolarek: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 2 K
- LHP Jack Leathersich: 1.0 IP, 3 H, R, ER, BB, K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (6-5)________________________________________
JUPITER 12, ST. LUCIE 2 (Box)
A complete and utter shellacking, thanks largely to the performances of Julian Hilario--he of the 45.00 ERA-- and Bret Mitchell, both of whom allowed fives runs in their combined 1.2 innings of work. Not much to speak of offensively other than it being nice to see Nimmo stay hot with two more hits.
- SS Dilson Herrera: 1-5, R, 2B
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 2-5; No strikeouts!
- 1B TJ Rivera: 2-3, R, BB
- DH Aderlin Rodriguez: 2-4, RBI
- RF Eudy Pina: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Phillip Evans: 1-4, K
- RHP Luis Cessa: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (7-3)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 0, AUGUSTA 0 (Box)
This game was suspended due to rain in middle of fifth and it looks like it's a good thing it was because the Sand Gnats were being mowed down and no-hit by Christian Jones. It looks like they will finish this one up today.
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 0-2, K
- 3B Jeff McNeil: 0-1, CS
- OF Victor Cruzado: 0-2, K
- LF Jared King: 0-1, BB
- DH L.J. Mazzilli: 0-2, K
- 1B Dom Smith: 0-2
- DH Stephan Sabol: 0-2, 2 K
- CF Patrick Biondi: 0-1, K
- RHP Kevin McGowan: 4.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, BB, K
Star of the Night
I'll go with Matt Clark, who moved his triple slash up to .394/.512/..879.
Goat of the Night
Julian Hilario, Brett Mitchell, and Adam Kolarek.