*All results from games played on Thursday June 19th, 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (43-31)_______________________________________
NASHVILLE 2, LAS VEGAS 6 (Box)
- OF Cesar Puello: didn't play
- RF Cory Vaughn: 2-4, RBI
- 3B Josh Satin: 1-4, 2 R, BB
- LF Andrew Brown: 2-5, 2 RBI, 2 K
- 1B Brandon Allen: 1-2, 2 BB
- SS Omar Quintanilla: 1-4, 2 K
- 2B Daniel Muno: 0-3, BB
- C Travis d'Arnaud: 3-5, 3 R, 2 2B, HR, 3 RBI, K; You guys know we don't like to get too excited about small samples around here but this is my exception to that rule. He's hitting .432/.479/.977 in AAA. He's hit six (!) homers since he's been sent down. They mentioned that he needed to get his confidence and swing back as reasons for his being sent down. I, uh, think he has done that.
- LHP Darin Gorski: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 2 R, ER, 2 BB, 11 K; Look at Gorski mowing down the competition in Vegas. Very impressive.
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (41-31)_____________________________________
RICHMOND 0, BINGHAMTON 6 (Box)
- RF Kyle Johnson: 1-5, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- 3B Brian Burgamy: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- SS TJ Rivera: 1-3, R, BB, K
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 0-2, R, 2 BB; Nice to see he didn't leave the patience and strikezone discipline in St. Lucie. Exciting times for the 2011 first round pick. A big second half in double-A would create huge expectations for Nimmo in 2015.
- C Kevin Plawecki: 0-4, K; With d'Arnaud crushing Vegas the way he is, I expect Plawecki's time with Binghmaton is short.
- LF Dustin Lawley: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
- 2B Dilson Herrera: 2-4, R, K; Flying under the radar a bit because of Nimmo's huge season thus far, Dilson is establishing himself as a big-time prospect. He's hit his way to double-A as a 20 year-old and is now one of the youngest players in the Eastern League.
- RHP Tyler Pill: 8 IP, 4 H. 0 R. 0 ER. 0 BB. 9 K; also, 3-3, 2 R, 2B, HR, 4 RBI <--DANG
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (41-29)________________________________________
FORT MYERS 4, ST. LUCIE 7 (Box)
Decent start for the trio of Sand Gnats who were promoted, with Cecchini knocking a double and Mazzilli homering. Gabriel Ynoa pitched well peripherally but did give up four runs on seven hits. Still, though, since May 5th he has four walks and 45 strikeouts in 50.1 innings. That is good and if he keeps it up I would expect a promotion after a few more starts.
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- 3B Jeff McNeil: 0-4, R, BB, K
- 2B LJ MazzillI: 1-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, K
- DH Jairo Perez: 2-4
- 1B Aderlin Rodriguez: 1-4, 2 K
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-3, BB, K
- RHP Gabriel Ynoa: 6.2 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (45-22)__________________________________
SAVANNAH 6, KANNAPOLIS 3 (Box)
- RF Patrick Biondi: 0-1, R, SB 2
- SS Yeixon Ruiz: 1-5, K, SB; Looks like he got transferred down to make space for Cechinni and Mazzilli.
- 1B Dominic Smith: 1-3, R, 2B, BB; Nice to see Dom smack a double. The bat to ball and strike zone discipline seems to be there, let's hope he adds some pop in the second half.
- LF Stefan Sabol: 1-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- CF Champ Stuart: 0-4, BB, 3 K; I'm glad Champ is in Savannah because this roster lost a lot of its juice with the promotions.
- RHP Robert Gsellman: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, 5 K
Short-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (5-2)__________________________________
BROOKLYN 4, HUDSON VALLEY 0 (Box)
- LF Joe Tuschak: 0-5, 2 K
- SS Amed Rosario: 1-3, R, 2 BB, K; Too early to say anything about anything but I'm excited that he's not striking out a lot (after that first game) and already has two homers.
- C Tyler Moore: 0-1; Left the game after an early collision with Katz, per Chris McShane's twitter.
- 1B-RF Michael Katz: 2-4, BB, 2 K
- DH Tomas Nido: 2-5, R, RBI, 2 K
- 3B Jhoan Urena: 0-4, 2 K
- RF Jeff Diehl: 0-2, 2 BB, K
- CF Tucker Tharp: 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- RHP Octavio Acosta: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R. 0 BB, 4 K
Rk - Kingsport Mets (0-1)__________________________________
DANVILLE 8, KINGSPORT 4 (Box)
- SS Luis Guillorme: 1-3, BB
- 2B Branden Kaupe: 0-3, R, BB, 3 K; I'm starting the Kaupe extra-base hit watch. Zero XBH last year.
- 3B Pedro Perez: 1-3, R, 2 K
- 3B Eudor Garcia: 0-1
- 1B Zach Mathieu: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, K
- DH Brandon Bosher: 0-4, 2 K
- CF Ivan Wilson: 2-4, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, K; I'm excited for Ivan Wilson this season. Cut down on those strikeouts and there may be something here.
- RF Wuilmer Becerra: 1-4, 2 K
- C Jose Garcia: 1-3, 2B
- LF Vicente Lupo: 0-4, 2 K
- RHP Christian Montgomery: 1.1 IP, 5 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 5 BB, 3 K
- RHP Martires Arias: 5.2 IP, 2 H, R, ER, BB, 6 K
Star of the Night
You can't have a better night than Tyler Pill did, striking out nine in eight shutout innings and going 3-3 with a homer. The only question I have is, can he play shortstop? Honorable mention to Travis d'Arnaud who does not appear to be challenged by AAA pitching.
Goat of the Night