A short while ago, Major League Baseball announced that Noah Syndergaard and Kevin Plawecki will represent the Mets at the 2014 Futures Game. The Futures Game, set to be held on July 15, separates some of the game's top rising stars onto two teams, one representing the United States and the other representing rest of the world. The game is featured as part of All-Star Weekend, and is to be held at Target Field in Minneapolis.
This marks the first Futures Game appearance for Kevin Plawecki, and his participation should serve to put an exclamation point on his meteoric rise through the Mets' minor league system. Noah Syndergaard, however, participated in last year's contest, where he recorded a strikeout and gave up a hit in one inning pitched. Plawecki and Syndergaard join Brandon Nimmo, Rafael Montero, Zack Wheeler, Matt Harvey, and Jeurys Familia as the Mets most recent Futures Game representatives.
- Taylor Teagarden placed on the 15-day disabled list as Mets recall Travis d'Arnaud
- Series Preview: Oakland Athletics vs. New York Mets
- Mets Uniform Review has an orange party in South Beach
- Mets trade rumors: Daniel Murphy coveted by Blue Jays, Giants
- Mets Morning News: Mets say bye-bye to CY and hello to d'Arnaud!