*All results from games played on Monday, June 2nd, 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (35-23)_______________________________________
RENO 4, LAS VEGAS 6 (Box)
Home runs from Andrew Brown and Danny Muno helped lead the 51s to victory Monday night. Logan Verrett was decent on the mount, allowing three runs in five and a third innings. Good to see Cesar get a start, although I would like to see him start smashing baseballs and forcing their hand to play him every day.
- 2B Josh Satin: 1-2, R, RBI, 2 BB
- C Taylor Teagarden: 0-4, 2 K
- RF Andrew Brown: 2-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- CF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-4, 2 K
- 3B Zach Lutz: 0-3, BB, K
- 1B/LF Brandon Allen: 2-4, 2 R, K
- LF Cesar Puello: 0-4, K
- C Juan Centeno: 0-1
- SS-2B Daniel Muno: 2-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI
- RHP Logan Verrett: 5.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (30-25)_____________________________________
NO GAME (SCHEDULE)
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (33-24)________________________________________
DAYTONA 3, ST. LUCIE 1 (Box)
- SS Dilson Herrera: 2-4, R, 3B; He's been extremely cold his last 10 games or so. Hopefully this is him breaking out of it.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 0-4, K; Returns from pink eye.
- 2B T.J. Rivera: 2-3, RBI
- 1B Jairo Perez: 0-4, K
- DH Phil Evans: 1-4, K
- RF Eudy Pina: 1-3, K
- 3B Aderlin Rodriguez:0-3
- C Cam Maron: 1-2, 2 BB; I got on Maron a while back when PECOTA was telling me that he was an excellent prospect. I still think that's a stretch, but good on him for posting a .380ish on-base to this point.
- LF Maikis De La Cruz: 0-3, K
- RHP Michael Fulmer: 5 IP, 8 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 3 K; Fulmer's made decent progress after a slow start but this start falls into the category of "meh".
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (37-17)__________________________________
ASHEVILLE 2, SAVANNAH 1 (Box) / 10 innings
The Sand Gnats wasted Chris Flexen's best start of the season, managing just one run in the 10 innings they played last night and losing 2-1. Flexen dominated, carrying a no-hitter into the sixth and ultimately allowing two hits over seven innings, striking out 10 and walking one. It's a great sign from the 2012 14th-rounder, who had come into the night with a 6.37 ERA in 41 innings. Hopefully this is the start of him putting things together.
In other Savannah news, there's this:
So Amed Rosario's first trial in the SAL was brief. The @gnatsbaseball transferred him to the Brooklyn roster today.— Toby Hyde (@tobyhyde) June 2, 2014
It was not a good first game, and that's an understatement, but it seems like an extremely odd process to send him to Savannah for a one game's worth of at-bats and then pull him back.
- LF Patrick Biondi: 1-5, 2 K, SB (12)
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 0-4, BB, E (11)
- 3B Jeff McNeil: 2-5, E (6)
- 2B L.J. Mazzilli: 1-4, BB, 2 K, E (11); 11-game hitting streak and hits in 16 of his last 17.
- 1B Dominic Smith: 0-4, BB, 2 K , CS (3)
- DH Stefan Sabol: 1-3, RBI, BB, SB (8)
- CF Champ Stuart: 1-3, BB, SB (3)
- RF Victor Cruzado: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, K, CS (3)
- C Jeff Glenn: 1-4, 2B, K
- RHP Chris Flexen: 7 IP, 2 H, R, ER, BB, 10 K
- LHP Dario Alvarez: 3 IP, 4 H, R, ER, 0 BB, 5 K
Star of the Night
Chris Flexen and his 10 strikeouts deserve the star.
Goat of the Night
Not many good options but I'll go with Dom Smith, who added another caught stealing to his two strikeouts.