*All results from games played on Thursday, July 31st, 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (62-51)_______________________________________
EL PASO 0, LAS VEGAS 2 (Box)
- CF Matt den Dekker: 2-2, 2 BB
- SS Matt Reynolds: 2-3, R, 2B, BB, K
- RF Andrew Brown: 1-3, R, RBI, BB
- RF Cesar Puello: DNP; I mean, can't Puello declare minor league free agency after the season if he's not on the 25-man? If Puello is not in the org next year because the Mets just let him walk, I might sue them for player development malpractice.
- 1B Josh Satin: 0-4, K
- LF Kirk Nieuwenhuis: 0-3, BB
- C Kevin Plawecki: DNP
- 3B Danny Muno: DNP
- 2B Anthony Seratelli: 1-3, BB, 2 K
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 0-3, BB
- RHP Rafael Montero: 6.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (65-46)_____________________________________
BOWIE 4, BINGHAMTON 9 (Box)
A strong outing from Matt Bowman and thirteen hits from the offense allowed the B-Mets to coast to a 9-4 victory Thursday night. Brandon Nimmo continues to display increased power since his promotion, knocking his 7th triple of the season and his 13th extra-base hit since debuting in Double-A. Not to be outdone, Dilson Herrera smacked two singles in five trips and is currently hitting .344, which is just awesome even without considering his age for the level.
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-4, 2 R, 3B, 3 RBI, BB
- 2B Dilson Herrera: 2-5, R, RBI
- 3B Brian Burgamy: 1-5, K
- LF Dustin Lawley: 2-5, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- SS T.J. Rivera: 3-5, 2 2B, RBI
- OF Darrell Ceciliani: sat this one out serving a suspension related to an ejection last week.
- 1B Jayce Boyd: 1-3, R, RBI, BB
- C Xorge Carrillo: 2-4, R, RBI
- RF Kyle Johnson: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- RHP Matthew Bowman: 7 IP, 6 H, R, ER, BB, 6 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (19-18 / 59-47)_____________________________________
DUNEDIN 4, ST. LUCIE 3 (Box)
St. Lucie has lost a lot of its intrigue ever since Nimmo, Matz, and Herrera were promoted out of there. There might not be a top 15 prospect on this roster right now. They're like what Binghamton was earlier this year.
REHAB ALERT DH Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, R, BB
- 3B Phil Evans: 0-3, R, BB
- C Cam Maron: 0-2, R, BB, K
- LF Jared King: 2-4, 2B, RBI
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 0-4
- PH-C Albert Cordero: 0-1
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-3, BB
- RF Eudy Pina: 1-3, BB, K
- RHP Kevin McGowan: 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (23-16 / 67-38)__________________________________
HICKORY 10, SAVANNAH 1 (Box)
- SS Yeixon Ruiz: 2-4, R, 2 K
- CF Champ Stuart: 1-4, RBI, K, 2 SB
- 1B Dominic Smith: 0-3, BB, K; Smith is in a bit of a slump over his last ten games or so.
- DH Matt Oberste: 0-3, BB, K; He's hitting decently well but I can't remember the last time he played the field.
- RHP Logan Taylor: 6 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
Short-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (24-23)__________________________________
AUBURN 14, BROOKLYN 3 (Box)
- C Adrian Abreu: 0-2
- SS Amed Rosario: 2-5, R, 3B, K
- 3B Jhoan Urena: 1-4, 2B, RBI, BB
- LF Michael Conforto: 0-5, K; TRAID!
- RF Michael Bernal: 2-4, R, K
- DH Tyler Moore: 2-4, 2B
- 1B William Fulmer: 1-3, R, BB
- RHP Octavio Acosta: 3 IP, 5 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
Rookie - Kingsport Mets (19-20)__________________________________
Rookie - GCL Mets (18-18)__________________________________
GCL NATIONALS 13, GCL METS 10 (Box)
- CF John Mora: 1-3, 4 R, RBI, 3 BB
- SS Milton Ramos: 1-4, R, 2B, 3 RBI, BB; MLB.com recently put out their midseason list and tabbed Ramos as the Mets 11th best prospect. I don't agree and also found their list to be incredibly lazy.
- LF Arnaldo Berrios: 2-3, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI, 2 BB
- 1B Dash Winningham: 1-5, R, 2B, RBI
- 2B Dale Burdick: 0-4, R, BB, 2 K
- LHP Jose Medina: 2.1 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 2 BB, K; The 17-year-old is having a rough go of it in his stateside debut. His outing today lifted his season ERA to an Appel-like 9.64. But hey, he's got decent strikeout and walk numbers so maybe they'll promote him.
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night
The horns go to Brandon Welch of the Brooklyn Cyclones. He allowed eight runs on six hits and four walks in two innings. Woof.