*All results from games played on Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51's (71-56)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 1, IOWA 2 (Box)
- PH Cesar Puello: 0-1, K; Sigh.
- SS Matt Reynolds: 3-6, 2 R, 2 HR, 2 RBI, K; His second homer gave the 51s the lead in the top of the 12th only to see Kris Bryant end it in the bottom half with a walkoff bomb. Say what you want about BABIP (it ain't BABIP if it leaves the park) and the PCL, I'm impressed with Reynolds. The defense wouldn't be good but I'll take all the prospects I can get who can play a non-horrific shortstop.
- 3B Josh Satin: 1-4, 2 R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- RF Andrew Brown: 2-5, R, HR< 2 RBI, 2 K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 3-4
- CF Cory Vaughn: 0-5, 3 K; No idea why he's in Vegas.
- 1B Allan Dykstra: 2-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- RHP Cory Mazzoni: 6 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 4 ER, BB, 7 K; Possible bullpen piece for 2015? Starting pitching depth? Looks like Mazzoni could figure into the plans next year.
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (73-50)_____________________________________
ERIE 4, BINGHAMTON 9 (Box)
- CF Brandon Nimmo: 1-5, K
- 2B Dilson Herrera: 2-4, R, 2 2B, RBI; Couldn't have hoped for a better season from Herrera coming into the season. He's somehow been significantly better since his promotion and has positioned himself to play a role on the 2015 Mets.
- 1B Brian Burgamy: 2-3, 2 R, HR, RBI, 2 BB
- LF Dustin Lawley: 0-5
- RF Darrell Ceciliani: 3-5, R, 2B
- DH Jayce Boyd: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, 3 RBI
- C Juan Centeno: 3-4, R, 2 2B, 3 RBI
- SS Wilfredo Tovar: 2-3, R, RBI, BB
- RHP Gabriel Ynoa: 6.2 IP, 11 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (27-25 / 67-54)_____________________________________
ST. LUCIE 8, FORT MYERS 9 (Box)
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 1-3, R, HR, 3 RBI, BB; One strikeout in his last fifty-something plate appearance for Cecchini. He's been phenomenal of late. Keep it up!
- DH L.J. Mazzilli: 2-5, R, 2B, RBI
- LF Jared King: 2-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- C Cam Maron: 2-5, RBI, K
- 2B Phillip Evans: 3-4, BB
- 1B Albert Cordero: 1-4, R, HR, RBI, 2 K
- CF Gilbert Gomez: 0-4, 2 R, BB, K
- RF Eudy Pina: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, K
- RHP Matthew Koch: 3.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Low-A - Savannah Sand Gnats (34-20 / 78-42)__________________________________
GREENVILLE 0, SAVANNAH 4 (Box)
- 2B Jonathan Johnson: 0-4
- CF Champ Stuart: 0-4, 2 K
- DH Dominic Smith: 0-2, R, 2 BB
- 1B Matt Oberste: 2-4, R, RBI, K
- RF Victor Cruzado: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
- 3B Neifi Zapata: 1-4, RBI, K
- LF Patrick Biondi: 1-2, R, 2B, BB, K
- RHP Logan Taylor: 8.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, BB, 4 K; Excellent outing from Taylor, who's been pretty good since returning from TJ surgery.
Short-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (32-28)__________________________________
LOWELL 1, BROOKLYN 5 (Box)
- CF John Mora: 0-3, R
- SS Amed Rosario: 1-4, K
- LF Michael Conforto: 2-3, 2 R, BB; There seems to be some indifference or, perhaps, resignation to Conforto continued presence in the Brooklyn lineup. I'm probably more bothered by it than most, if only because it makes me think of the Wilpons more than I like to. It's likely that getting him at-bats against more advanced competition would be beneficial to his development, and I care more about his development than Brooklyn making the playoffs in the NYPL.
- 3B Jhoan Urena: 1-2, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K
- C Tomas Nido: 2-4, 2 RBI, K
- DH Adrian Abreu: 0-2, R, BB
- 2B Tyler Moore: 0-2
- 1B Pedro Perez: 0-2, BB
- RHP Corey Oswalt: 6 IP, 4 H, R, 0 ER, BB, 4 K
Rookie - Kingsport Mets (28-26)__________________________________
BRISTOL 3, KINGSPORT 5 (Box)
- 2B Jean Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, K
- LF Oswald Caraballo: 0-4
- RF Wuilmer Becerra: 0-2, R, K
- DH Vicente Lupo: 0-4, K
- 1B Zach Mathieu: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI
- CF Ivan Wilson: 2-3, 2 R, 2 HR, 3 RBI, K; And this is why Wilson is still a prospect despite a strikeout rate that is pushing 50%.
Rookie - GCL Mets (25-23)__________________________________
GCL METS 5, GCL MARLINS 6 (Box)
- CF Raphael Ramirez: 1-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- 2B Milton Ramos: 0-4, BB
- DH Enmanuel Zabala: 1-2
- 1B Dash Winningham: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB, K
- PH-DH Miguel Leal: 0-1, R, 2 BB
- RF Hengelbert Rojas: 2-3, R, 2B
- SS Alfredo Reyes: 0-4
- 3B Dale Burdick: 0-3, RBI, K
- RHP Tyler Badamo: 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
I've been hard on him and he hit his two in regulation, so Ivan Wilson gets the star.
Goat of the Night
Matt Koch, who finally had his picture loaded to his milb.com page and revealed that he kind of resembles Flea from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.