The Mets agreed to a two-year contract extension for manager Terry Collins on Tuesday, and Sandy Alderson announced at today's press conference that they'll be inviting Collins's entire coaching staff back for 2016. The announcement comes after reports that Dodgers will be interviewing Mets bench coach Bob Geren for their managerial opening.
Mets Captain David Wright spoke highly of the decision to keep Collins on and predicted a stable coaching staff in an interview with Newsday on Tuesday, saying, "he definitely deserves it, along with the rest of our coaching staff. When you go out there and prove that you can win, I'm sure there is going to be a lot less turnover."
The Mets' current coaching staff is as follows:
- Terry Collins - Manager
- Kevin Long - Hitting Coach
- Pat Roessler - Assistant Hitting Coach
- Dan Warthen - Pitching Coach
- Tom Goodwin - First Base Coach
- Tim Teufel - Third Base Coach
- Bob Geren - Bench Coach
- Ricky Bones - Bullpen Coach
- Dave Racaniello - Bullpen Catcher
- Eric Langill - Bullpen Catcher