The Mets traveled north to play the Braves in a spring training game this afternoon and lost 3-2. Again, the wins and losses at this date simply do not matter. In short, Bartolo Colon gave up three runs, and the Mets scored just two. Some notes:
- Colon gave up those three runs in three innings with one strikeout, one walk, and five hits.
- Buddy Carlyle threw two scoreless innings, and Dario Alvarez, Zach Thornton, and Erik Goeddel each threw one scoreless inning.
- Cesar Puello showed off his strong throwing arm and had a couple of hits.
- John Mayberry Jr. had a couple of hits of his own.
- Matt Reynolds went 1-for-1, and Mets fans will probably continue thinking the grass is greener on the other shortstop side until someone actually takes over the position at the major league level.
GameThread Roll Call
Nice job by murdertron3000; his effort in the GameThread embiggens us all.
|6||JR and the Off-Balance Shots||15|