clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Mets injury update: Mets to "revisit" idea of placing Cuddyer on disabled list

New, 40 comments

Cuddyer left Tuesday night's game with a left knee injury.

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

The Mets will revisit the idea of placing Michael Cuddyer on the disabled list, tomorrow, Terry Collins said in his daily pregame press conference. The 36-year-old outfielder, who exited Tuesday's game with a left knee injury, had previously said there was "no chance" that he would be forced onto the disabled list. He received a cortisone shot and lubricant injection in his injured knee yesterday.

Should he end up missing extended action, Cuddyer would be the fourth player from the Mets' Opening Day lineup to spend time on the disabled list this season, joining David Wright, Travis d'Arnaud, and Daniel Murphy. Injuries to these players have substantially hampered the Mets' offense, which has scored two runs or fewer in 12 of its last 14 games (though there's reason to believe they're a little better than this).

Cuddyer has been a huge dissappointment this season after the Mets signed him to a two-year deal in November. He has batted just .243/.297/.365 with six home runs and 28 RBI in 72 games, far below his .277/.344/.461 career mark.