*All results from games played on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51s (42-37)_______________________________________
LAS VEGAS 7, TACOMA 3 (Box)
The 51s defeated the Rainiers last night 7-3 with Darin Gorski pitching seven strong innings. Trailing 1-0 after the first inning, Vegas was aided by three home runs with the dearly-demoted Michael Conforto and Kevin Plawecki slugging one apiece.
Rafael Montero is the probable starter tonight as the 51s hope to continue their winning ways at Cheney Stadium.
- 2B Ty Kelly: 2-5, R, 2B, RBI, SB (3)
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- LF Michael Conforto: 1-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, BB
- 3B T.J. Rivera: 0-5, K
- 1B Eric Campbell: 2-4, R, K, CS (1)
- DH Johnny Monell: 2-4, R, HR (12), RBI, K
- RF Travis Taijeron: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- C Kevin Plawecki: 2-4, R, HR (1), 2 RBI
- CF Roger Bernadina: 0-3, R, BB
- LHP Darin Gorski: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Chasen Bradford: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- RHP Zack Thornton: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Double-A - Binghamton Mets (32-43)_____________________________________
NEW HAMPSHIRE 4, BINGHAMTON 2 (Box)
The B-Mets offense was limited to five hits last night, falling to the FisherCats 4-2. Shortstop of the past Jose Reyes continued his struggles since signing with the Mets, going 0-for-4 with a strikeout, while shortstop of the future Amed Rosario continues to rake against Double-A pitching. In his eight games since his promotion from St. Lucie, he's hitting .414/.469/.621 with 3 walks and 7 strikeouts in 29 at-bats.
Bingo will have a doubleheader against the FisherCats tonight starting at 5:35 PM. Robert Gsellman is the probable starter for Game 2.
- 3B Jose Reyes: 0-4, K
- CF Juan Lagares: 1-4, K
- SS Amed Rosario: 2-4, 2 R, K
- DH Dominic Smith: 2-4, 2B, RBI
- LF Jayce Boyd: 0-4
- 1B Matt Oberste: 0-4, 2 K
- C Colton Plaia: 0-3, 2 K
- RF Stefan Sabol: 0-3, K
- 2B Phillip Evans: 0-2, BB
- RHP Casey Delgado: 7.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, E (1), PO
- LHP Alberto Baldonado: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (38-36 / 3-4)_____________________________________
ST. LUCIE 3, CHARLOTTE 3 (SUSPENDED)
Chris Flexen threw 5.2 innings of inconsistent ball but was saved as the lights went out at Charlotte Sports Park in the bottom of the sixth inning. resulting in the game being suspended. While the lights were on, Kevin Taylor hit his seventh home run and drove in all three St. Lucie runs and is now hitting .300/.389/.470 in his first season back in professional baseball since 2013. The Mets play the Stone Crabs one more time in Port Charlotte in late August.
St. Lucie begins a series against the Palm Beach Cardinals tonight with Scarlyn Reyes the projected starter.
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (38-40 / 1-7)__________________________________
WEST VIRGINIA 4, COLUMBIA 2 (Box)
The Colaflies continued their dismal second half play, dropping a 4-2 decision to the West Virginia Power last night. Dash Winningham hit his fourth home run of the season in the fourth inning, but he also made a costly throwing error in the third nning that led to an unearned run. Kevin Canelon pitched 6.2 decent innings, but he was undone by two Mitchell Tolman home runs.
The Fireflies continue their series against the Power tonight with the starter TBD.
- 2B J.C. Rodriguez: 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- CF Kevin Kaczmarski: 1-4
- DH David Thompson: 0-3, RBI, K
- 1B Dash Winningham: 1-4, R, HR, RBI, K, E (6)
- RF Jeff Diehl: 0-4, 3 K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-2, 2 BB
- 3B Luis Ortega: 0-3
- LF Vicente Lupo: 1-3, 2 K
- SS Milton Ramos: 0-3, K
- LHP Kevin Canelon: 6.2 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K, WP
- LHP Seth Davis: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
SS-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (6-8)_______________________________________
STATE COLLEGE 10, BROOKLYN 4 (Box)
The Cyclones were leading 3-1 going to the bottom of the fifth inning before the Spikes scored nine unanswered runs to turn this affair into a laugher. Starter Joel Huertas allowed eight runs on twelve hits 5.1 innings pitched, while his relief Nabil Crismatt didn't fare much better, allowing two more runs in his 2.2 innings of work. State College catcher Ryan McCarvel had a whale of a game, hitting for the cycle and driving in 5 runs. Colby Woodmansee continues his hitting ways with two hits and now has a line of .405/.450/.432 for the season.
The Cyclones return to Coney Island to face the Connecticut Tigers tonight, the starter is TBD.
- CF Gene Cone: 1-5, R, 2 K, E (1)
- 2B Nick Sergakis: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- 3B Blake Tiberi: 0-4
- SS Colby Woodmansee: 2-4, R, RBI, 2 K
- DH Brandon Brosher: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, 2 K, SB (1)
- C Dan Rizzie: 0-4, K
- RF Arnaldo Berrios: 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- 1B Darryl Knight: 0-4, K, E (4)
- LF Hengelbert Rojas: 1-4, 2 K
- LHP Joel Huertas: 5.1 IP, 12 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, HB
- RHP Nabil Crismatt: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, WP
Rookie - Kingsport Mets (2-6)__________________________
KINGSPORT 6, BLUEFIELD 2 (Box)
Jordan Humphreys pitched six strong innings and Jeremy Wolf had a four-hit night, aiding the Mets to a 6-2 win last night over the Blue Jays in Bluefield.
Kingsport continues their series in Bluefield with Jake Simon taking the Amazin' Appy League bump tonight.
- RF Ian Strom: 1-5, R, K
- CF Ricardo Cespedes: 3-5, 2 R, 2 K
- DH Jose Miguel Medina: 1-4, R, BB, SB (2)
- 1B Jeremy Wolf: 4-5, 2 R, 2B, HR (1), 4 RBI
- SS Yeffry De Aza: 1-5, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- 3B Franklin Correa: 1-5, K
- C Jose Maria: 1-3, RBI, HBP, E (1)
- LF Raphael Ramirez: 0-4, 2 K
- 2B Angel Manzanarez: 2-4, K, SB (2)
- RHP Jordan Humphreys: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
- RHP Trent Johnson: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Jose Carlos Medina: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Rookie - GCL Mets (2-4)__________________________
GCL METS 4, GCL CARDINALS 1 F/7 (Box)
It started raining in the bottom of seventh during this Gulf Coast League game last night, so in true low minors protocol, the game was ended and the Mets declared a winner. Wagner Lagrange had 4 hits, and the pitching tandem of Luis De Los Santos and Joe Napolitano held the Cards in check over the seven innings of play.
The Mets play the GCL Astros today at noon.
- CF Ranfy Adon: 1-4, R, 2 K
- 3B Reed Gamache: 1-3, RBI, K
- SS Kenny Hernandez: 1-4, 2 K
- LF Wagner Lagrange: 4-4, R, 2 RBI
- C Carlos Sanchez: 1-4
- 1B Victor Moscote: 1-1
- RF Kenneth Bautista: 0-2, RBI
- DH Grabiel Jimenez: 0-2, BB, 2 K
- 2B Miguel Patino: 3-3, 2 R, 2B
- RHP Luis De Los Santos: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 2 WP
- RHP Joe Napolitano: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night