*All results from games played on Friday, April 21st, 2017
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51s (8-8)
FRESNO 8, LAS VEGAS 5 (Box)
The bullpen woes continue at Triple-A Las Vegas, as David Roseboom allowed a grand slam from Teoscar Hernandez to seal the loss against the Fresno Grizzlies. The 51s got on the board early, largely in part from a 2-for-3 performance from Xorge Carillo, which included a two-run homer. Starter Adam Wilk pitched seven innings, allowing three runs on five strikeouts, but Roseboom and Paul Sewald simply couldn’t close out the game.
Amed Rosario, who tantalized Mets Twitter by playing third base, went 1-for-3 with a pair of strikeouts.
- CF Desmond Jennings: 1-3
- SS Gavin Cecchini: 0-3, RBI
- 3B Amed Rosario: 1-3, K, SB
- 1B Dominic Smith: 0-2, R, BB, K
- DH Travis Taijeron: 0-2, K
- RF Josh Rodriguez: 0-2, K
- LF Jayce Boyd: 1-2, R, SB
- 2B L.J. Mazzilli: 1-2, R, RBI, K, SB
- C Xorge Carrillo: 2-2, 2 R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI
- P Adam Wilk: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (6-6)
BINGHAMTON 8, ERIE 3 (BOX)
After two consecutive rain-outs, the Rumble Ponies returned to action against the Erie Seawolves, cruising to a 8-3 win on a strong start from Corey Oswalt. The 23 year old right hander turned in 7 innings of one run ball, striking out 4 in the process and picking up his first AA win.
The Ponies displayed some clutch two-out hitting, posting up five runs in the fifth inning. David Thompson and Kevin Kaczmarski collected RBI singles, and the inning was capped off by a Cody Decker 3-run homer.
- 2B Luis Guillorme: 0-5, 3 K
- 3B David Thompson: 2-4, R, 2 RBI, BB, K, SB
- RF Kevin Kaczmarski: 2-4, 2 R, 3B, BB
- DH Matt Oberste: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K
- 1B Cody Decker: 1-3, R, HR, 4 RBI, BB, K
- LF Kevin Taylor: 3-5, RBI, K
- C Tomas Nido: 0-5
- SS Jio Mier: 1-3, R, 2B, BB, K, E
- CF Champ Stuart: 1-3, R, K, 2 SB
- P Corey Oswalt: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K
- P Kyle Regnault: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- P Ben Griset: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (7-9)
DAYTONA 5, ST. LUCIE 3 (BOX)
The Daytona Tortugas have slow played the St. Lucie Mets, sending them to a third consecutive loss in their weekend opener. Nabil Crismatt struck out eight while allowing five runs in as many innings.
Patrick Mazeika (1-for-3, walk) and Nick Sergakis (1-for4, double) were responsible for the only three Met runs. Wuilmer Becerra went 0-for-3 with a walk.
- CF John Mora: 1-4, R
- 1B Anthony Dimino: 2-3, R, BB, SB
- DH Wuilmer Becerra: 0-3, BB
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-3, R, RBI, BB, SB
- 3B-LF Nick Sergakis: 1-4
- 3B Dale Burdick: 1-1, 2B, 2 RBI
- SS J.C. Rodriguez: 0-3, BB, 2 K, E
- LF Jeff Diehl: 2-3, K
- 2B Vinny Siena: 0-4, 2 K
- RF Enmanuel Zabala: 0-4, 2 K
- P Nabil Crismatt: 5.0 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
- P Johnny Magliozzi: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- P Justin Brantley: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (10-6)
COLUMBIA 5, LEXINGTON 0 (BOX)
Merandy Gonzalez led the Fireflies to a shutout win against the Lexington Legends, turning in seven innings of three-hit ball with seven strikeouts in the process. Taylor Henry protected the lead for the final two innings. Gonzalez has impressed so far in the young season, logging 20.2 consecutive scoreless innings.
Offensively, the ‘Flies collected twelve hits and five runs, driven by productive nights from Michael Paez, Gene Cone, and Jose Miguel Medina. A certain under-the-radar prospect named Tim Tebow went 3-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- RF Gene Cone: 2-3, R, 2B, BB
- 2B Luis Carpio: 1-4, R
- SS Michael Paez: 2-4, 2 R, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, K
- 1B Dash Winningham: 0-4, RBI, K
- DH Jose Miguel Medina: 2-4, RBI
- CF Desmond Lindsay: 1-4, R, 2B, K
- LF Tim Tebow: 3-3, 2B, BB
- 3B Milton Ramos: 1-4, K
- C Ali Sanchez: 0-3, K, SB
- P Merandy Gonzalez: 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 7 K
- P Taylor Henry: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night