*All results from games played on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Triple-A - Las Vegas 51s (28-44)
NO GAME - SCHEDULE
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled RHP Tyler Pill from Las Vegas 51s.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets optioned SS Matt Reynolds to Las Vegas 51s.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled RHP Erik Goeddel from Las Vegas 51s.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Tim Peterson assigned to Las Vegas 51s from Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (37-28)
BOWIE 13, BINGHAMTON 7 (Box)
Everything seemed to be moving relatively smoothly towards a Binghamton victory until the top of the eighth inning. P.J. Conlon was solid through seven, but allowed the first two batters to reach in the top of the eighth. Cory Burns came out of the pen, poured out some gasoline, and lit that match. After recording a force out, the next six batters reached, and by the middle of the eighth, Bowie—after sending 11 men to the plate, scoring seven in the inning—found themselves up 10-6. The Ponies’ offense tried to answer back in the bottom of the inning, as a hot David Thompson doubled home Matt Oberste. A walk to Kevin Kaczmarski brought the tying run to the plate, but Dale Burdick flew out to end the inning. The Baysox plated three more in the top of the ninth off an also ineffective Scarlyn Reyes to put the game out of reach.
- LF Champ Stuart: 1-5, 2 R, BB, 4 K
- SS Luis Guillorme: 2-5, 3 R, BB, 2 K
- DH Kevin Taylor: 2-4, RBI, BB
- 1B Matt Oberste: 3-4, R, 3 RBI, BB
- C Tomas Nido: 1-4, SF, RBI
- 3B David Thompson: 2-5, 2B, RBI, K
- RF Kevin Kaczmarski: 0-2, 3 BB, K, CS (4)
- 2B Dale Burdick: 2-5, R, 2 K
- CF Patrick Biondi: 1-4, BB, K, CS (6)
- LHP P.J. Conlon: 7.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
- RHP Cory Burns: 1.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, L (0-2)
- RHP Scarlyn Reyes: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 0 K, WP
- LHP Ben Griset: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (33-35)
ST. LUCIE 4, DAYTONA 2 (Box)
Nabil Crismatt threw 7.2 solid scoreless innings, striking out five and pitching out of bases-loaded jams in both the third and the seventh innings. The game was scoreless into the top of the sixth, when Jhoan Urena went yard to make it 1-0. That score held until the top of the ninth, when the St. Lucie offense broke out for three more, led by a Vinny Siena two-run double. The insurance runs proved crucial, as the Tortugas pushed across two runs in the bottom of the ninth before finally being slowed down. The Mets closed out the first half of the season on a three-game winning streak, finishing with a 33-35 record. They will kick off the second half today at home against Charlotte
- CF John Mora: 2-5
- DH Asdrubal Cabrera: 1-4
- PR-DH Enmanuel Zabala: 0-1
- 3B Jhoan Urena: 2-4, R, HR (5), RBI, SB (10)
- C Patrick Mazeika: 0-4, K
- 1B Peter Alonso: 1-3, R, BB, 2 K, CS (2)
- SS J.C. Rodriguez: 0-4, 3 K
- LF Wuilmer Becerra: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- RF Arnaldo Berrios: 1-3, R, 2B, BB, SB (2), E (2)
- 2B Vinny Siena: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI
- RHP Nabil Crismatt: 7.2 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, W (4-6)
- RHP Alex Palsha: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, S (3)
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (0-0)
NO GAME – SAL All Star Break
After falling a half-game short of Greenville in the first half, the Colaflies kick off the second half at home against Kannapolis Thursday.
Short-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (1-1)
BROOKLYN 6, VERMONT 1 (Box)
Brooklyn got their first win of the young season—no thanks to their defense, which gave the Lake Monsters all sorts of extra chances in committing six errors. However, the piggybacking Thomas McIlrath (on rehab assignment from High-A) and Jose Carlos Medina were up to the task, surrendering four hits and only one run between them—unearned, naturally—in the Cyclones' 6-1 victory. Brooklyn scored one early in the top of the second and nursed that lead into the sixth, when a Jose Maria home run extended the lead to 2-0. After giving the run back in the bottom of the frame thanks in large part to two throwing errors by second baseman Franklin Correa, the Cyclones put up single runs in each of the sixth, seventh, and eighth innings, then added two in the ninth, extending the lead enough to commit almost as many errors as they wanted (two more over the last four frames).
- SS Leon Byrd: 2-5, BB, 2 E (2)
- DH Walter Rasquin: 1-5, SB (2)
- RF Jose Miguel Medina: 4-5, 2 R, K, SB (1)
- 3B Reed Gamache: 1-5, 2B, RBI, E (1)
- C Scott Manea: 0-3, 2 R, BB
- CF Ian Strom: 0-5, 3 K
- 1B Jose Maria: 3-4, 2 R, HR (1), RBI, BB
- LF Jeremy Wolf: 2-5, 3 RBI, K
- 2B Franklin Correa: 1-4, RBI, BB, SB (1), 3 E (3)
- RHP Thomas McIlraith: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, W (1-0)
- LHP Jose Carlos Medina: 4.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K, S (1)
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Yeizo Campos assigned to Brooklyn Cyclones.
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night