*All results from games played on April 11, 2018
Triple-A: Las Vegas 51s (1-6)
ALBUQUERQUE 17, LAS VEGAS 11 (BOX)
A.J. Griffin has a fastball that sits in the mid-80s. This is the Pacific Coast League. Put two and two together. Unpredictably, Griffin got murderized in his first start of the season, giving up nine earned runs in two-plus innings. He walked three and allowed nine hits before being lifted, two of them being home runs.
His replacement, left-hander David Roseboom, wasn’t much better. He allowed five runs in one-plus innings, walking three and allowing four hits, two of them being home runs. For as bad as the 51s’ pitchers were, Albuquerque wasn’t much better. Isotopes starter Matt Flemer lasted four innings and allowed seven runs on ten hits, three of which were home runs. The slugging continued all night, with the Isotopes gaining the upper hand.
To top all of that off, Matt den Dekker pitched in this game and was one of the few pitchers to not allow a run.
- CF-P Matthew den Dekker: 1-5, RBI, K
- 2B-CF Ty Kelly: 4-5, 3 R, 2B, 3B, 2 HR, 3 RBI
- 1B Dominic Smith: 3-5, 2 R, 2 2B, HR, 2 RBI, K
- RF Bryce Brentz: 0-5, 3 K
- LF Zach Borenstein: 2-4, 3 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB, K, SB
- 3B David Thompson: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, BB, K, SB, 2 E
- C Jose Lobaton: 2-5, 2 RBI
- SS Luis Guillorme: 0-4, 3 K
- 2B Phillip Evans: 0-1
- P A.J. Griffin: 0-1
- P David Roseboom: 0-1, K
- PH Patrick Biondi: 0-1, K
- PH-SS Gavin Cecchini: 1-2, R
- P A.J. Griffin: 2.1 IP, 9 H, 9 R, 9 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- P David Roseboom: 1.2 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- P Kelly Secrest: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- P Tim Peterson: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- P Matthew den Dekker: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
ROSTER ALERT: A.J. Griffin assigned to Las Vegas 51s from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets optioned RHP Corey Oswalt to Las Vegas 51s.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (3-3)
AKRON 4, BINGHAMTON 0 (BOX)
After starting out the season 3-0, the Rumble Ponies have fallen to .500 with their third consecutive loss. The Rumble Ponies were held to just three hits- singles by Andrew Ely, Jhoan Urena, and Tim Tebow- en route to being shutout and swept by the Rubber Ducks. Making his first professional start, Daniel Zamora allowed four runs- three earned- on four hits over two innings. All of the damage came in the second, an inning that the RubberDucks almost batted around in. The only thing particularly noteworthy that happened on the Rumble Pony side is that Peter Alonso had his modest five-game hitting streak snapped, bringing his line for the year down from .444/.524/.944 to .364/.440/.773.
- SS Andrew Ely: 1-4
- 1B Peter Alonso: 0-4, 2 K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 0-4, K, PB (1)
- LF Kevin Taylor: 0-4, K
- 3B Jhoan Urena: 1-3, 2 K, E (1)
- RF John Mora: 0-3, K
- DH Tim Tebow: 1-3, K
- 2B Levi Michael: 0-2, K, HBP
- CF Champ Stuart: 0-3, 2 K
- LHP Daniel Zamora: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Drew Smith: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Adonis Uceta: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, WP, HB
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled C Tomas Nido from Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (3-4)
ST. LUCIE 4, TAMPA 3 (BOX)
Justin Dunn followed up his fantastic outing last Thursday with another strong outing. The 2016 first-round pick pitched five scoreless innings, scattering five hits, walking three and striking out seven. His counterpart on the Tarpons, Trevor Stephan, matched him inning after inning and both pitchers left the game with a no decision as a result. In the bottom of the seventh, St. Lucie finally broke through and plated three runs. Tampa quickly scored three of their own in the top of the eighth against Adam Atkins to tie things back up. In the bottom of the ninth, Ian Strom led off the inning with a single, stole second, and then advanced to third on a throwing error by catcher Keith Skinner. With Dale Burdick batting, reliever Matt Frawley uncorked a wild pitch, allowing Ian Strom to scamper home and score the winning run.
- LF Jacob Zanon: 0-4
- SS Andres Gimenez: 2-4, 2B, K, SB (3)
- CF Desmond Lindsay: 0-4, 3 K
- DH Brandon Brosher: 0-2, R, BB, K, HBP, SB (1)
- 1B Dash Winningham: 1-4, 2 K
- RF Ian Strom: 2-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, 2 SB (2, 3)
- 3B Dale Burdick: 0-3, R, K, SB (1)
- 2B Michael Paez: 1-3, 2B, RBI
- C Jose Garcia: 0-3, 3 K
- RHP Justin Dunn: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 7 K; That’s 10 IP for Dunn this season, with 8 hits allowed, 3 walks, and 14 strikeouts.
- RHP Matt Pobereyko: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Adam Atkins: 0.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, HB, H (1)
- RHP Joseph Zanghi: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, BS (1), W (1-0)
ROSTER ALERT: Matt Pobereyko assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: Joseph Zanghi assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: Alex Palsha assigned to Brooklyn Cyclones from St. Lucie Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: Johnny Magliozzi assigned to Brooklyn Cyclones from St. Lucie Mets.
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (4-3)
COLUMBIA 8, HAGERSTOWN 3 (BOX)
The Colaflies took an early lead in the bottom of the first and held the lead for the next couple of innings as “my guy” Tony Dibrell turned in his solid performance start in as many starts. The Suns finally got to Dibrell in the fifth, plating three runs against him and giving Hagerstowna 3-1 lead. Columbia scored a run in the seventh to make it a 3-2 ballgame, but broke out in the eighth, batting around and plating six runs. In the inning, a bunch of interesting things happened: Edgardo Fermin laid down a two-strike bunt for an infield hit; Matt Winaker missed a grand slam by a few feet and had to settle for an RBI single instead; Walter Rasquin cleared the bases with a triple. Trey Cobb came in to pitch the ninth and was a bit shaky, loading up the bases, but was able to end the game without incident.
- SS Edgardo Fermin: 2-4, 2 R, BB, K, CS (2)
- 2B Blake Tiberi: 0-3, R, BB, 2 K
- LF Matt Winaker: 2-4, R, RBI
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
- 3B Rigoberto Terrazas: 1-4, R, RBI, K
- CF Raphael Gladu: 1-4, RBI, K
- DH Walter Rasquin: 1-3, R, 3B, 3 RBI, BB, K, SB (1)
- RF Jay Jabs: 0-3, HBP
- C Dan Rizzie: 2-4, R, RBI
- RHP Tony Dibrell: 6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 7 K; That’s 10 IP for Dibrell this season, with 6 hits allowed, 7 walks, and 13 strikeouts.
- RHP Nicolas Debora: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
- RHP Joshua Payne: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, W (1-0)
- RHP Trey Cobb: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night