*All results from games played on May 12, 2018
Triple-A: Las Vegas 51s (14-22)
ALBUQUERQUE 6, LAS VEGAS 3 (BOX)
Making his first start since being promoted to the majors, P.J. Conlon was solid, allowing four runs- three earned- over seven innings of work. The Las Vegas offense was quiet for most of the night, suddenly waking up in the seventh to score three runs but falling back into dormancy just as suddenly.
- SS Ty Kelly: 0-3, BB, K
- 2B Phillip Evans: 1-4, E
- LF Zach Borenstein: 1-3, 2B, BB, K
- RF Patrick Kivlehan: 2-4, R, 2B
- 3B Cody Asche: 1-3, R, BB, K
- 1B Johnny Monell: 1-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- C Tomas Nido: 0-4, K
- CF Patrick Biondi: 0-3, BB
- P P.J. Conlon: 0-1
- PH Matthew den Dekker: 1-1, RBI
- PH Colton Plaia: 0-1, K
- LHP P.J. Conlon: 7.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 7 K, 2 WP, L (1-3)
- RHP Gerson Bautista: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 WP
- LHP Kyle Regnault: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: 3B Dale Burdick assigned to Las Vegas 51s from St. Lucie Mets.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (16-17)
BINGHAMTON 10, PORTLAND 7 (BOX)
Binghamton overcame Nabil Crismatt’s first poor outing of the season- it was bound to happen eventually- and inched closer to the .500 mark. Crismatt gave up four runs in the bottom of the first, putting the team in a big hole early, but Binghamton tied things up and then took the lead in the fifth thanks to some poor playing on the part of Portland. Jake Cosart loaded up the bases to start the inning, his replacement, Kevin McAvoy, walked in the tying run, and shortstop Chad De La Guerra made a costly throwing error that turned what should have been a routing groundout into two runs crossing the plate. Crismatt gave up another run in the bottom of the fifth, but the Ponies had another big inning in the sixth, scoring four more runs. Corey Taylor, Joshua Torres, and David Roseboom all got work late in the game, with Eric Hanhold finishing it out, earning his fourth save of the year.
- CF-LF John Mora: 1-6, R, 3 K
- 2B Jeff McNeil: 1-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, HBP
- 1B Peter Alonso: 1-5, R, RBI, 2 K, E (3)
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-4, 2 R, HR (6), 3 RBI, HBP
- DH Kevin Taylor: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- RF Jhoan Urena: 3-5, 2 R, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, K
- 3B Matt Oberste: 0-4, RBI, BB
- LF Tim Tebow: 0-3, RBI, 2 K, 2 HBP
- PR-CF Champ Stuart: 0-0
- SS Levi Michael: 1-4, 2B, RBI, BB, 2 K
- RHP Nabil Crismatt: 5.0 IP, 5 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 4 BB, 3 K, HBP, W (4-1)
- RHP Corey Taylor: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Joshua Torres: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, H (3)
- LHP David Roseboom: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, HBP
- RHP Eric Hanhold: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, S (4)
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (15-19)
LAKELAND 4, ST. LUCIE 2 (BOX)
Though you wouldn’t necessarily know it because of the score, Lakeland starter Austin Sodders no-hit St. Lucie for 7.1 innings. With one on and one out in the bottom of the eighth, Dan Rizzie singled back up the middle to break up the no-no. Sodders was pulled from the game and his replacement, Eduardo Jimenez, walked the first batter he faced, loading up the bases. Andres Gimenez hit into an RBI groundout and Kevin Kaczmarski hit an RBI single, getting St. Lucie on the board, but Desmond Lindsay flew out to end the inning and reliver Joe Navilhon worked around a single in the ninth to put the game to rest.
- RF Jacob Zanon: 0-2, 2 BB, K
- SS Andres Gimenez: 0-4, RBI
- LF Kevin Kaczmarski: 1-4, RBI
- CF Desmond Lindsay: 0-3, BB
- 2B Luis Carpio: 0-4
- DH Anthony Dimino: 1-4, K
- 3B J.J. Franco: 0-3, R, BB
- 1B Dash Winningham: 0-4, 2 K
- C Dan Rizzie: 1-2, R, BB, K, PB (2)
- RHP Gary Cornish: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, L (1-2)
- RHP Matt Blackham: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K
- RHP Adam Atkins: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Ryder Ryan: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Thomas McIlraith: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
ROSTER ALERT: RF Kevin Kaczmarski assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Las Vegas 51s.
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (18-17)
DELMARVA 8, COLUMBIA 7 (BOX)
Neither Anthony Kay nor Shorebirds starter Gray Fenter were effective, as both starters allowed seven runs. After the early onslaught of runs, both bullpens settled down. With the game tied at 7-7, Scott Manea- who was otherwise having a good night- allowed a costly passed ball that allowed Zach Jarrett to move up to second, which would eventually led to a Delmarva run. Trevor Craport knocked a hit that moved Jarrett to third and Ryan Ripken followed that with a high chopped that drove him in. Columbia went down in order in the bottom of the ninth and dropped game one of their series against the Shorebirds.
- SS Edgardo Fermin: 0-3, R, 2 BB
- 2B Blake Tiberi: 1-5, R, 3 K
- CF Quinn Brodey: 1-4, R, 2 RBI, BB, SB (4)
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 0-3, RBI, K
- DH Ali Sanchez: 2-4, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI
- LF Matt Winaker: 0-2, RBI, BB, K
- 3B Rigoberto Terrazas: 0-4, E (6)
- C Scott Manea: 3-4, R, RBI, PB (2)
- RF Raphael Gladu: 1-3, R, K, HBP, SB (5)
- LHP Anthony Kay: 4.1 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 3 WP, 2 HBP
- RHP Darwin Ramos: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Joshua Payne: 2.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, L (3-1)
- RHP Conner O’Neil: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
ROSTER ALERT: Columbia Fireflies placed RHP Chris Viall on the 7-day disabled list.
ROSTER ALERT: Columbia Fireflies placed RHP Carlos Hernandez on the 7-day disabled list.
ROSTER ALERT: LHP Taylor Henry assigned to Columbia Fireflies from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Yeizo Campos assigned to Columbia Fireflies from Brooklyn Cyclones.
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night