*All results from games played on May 4, 2018
Triple-A: Las Vegas 51s (11-18)
SALT LAKE 9, LAS VEGAS 5 (BOX)
The 51s fell to the Salt Lake Bees by a score of 9-5. Vance Worley started the game for the 51s and didn’t have a great night. In four innings, he gave up six hits, four earned runs, and two walks. In the fifth inning, Tim Peterson relieved Worley, but he didn’t have great luck, either. He allowed four earned runs in two innings, and the 51s were forced to go back to the bullpen.
Buddy Baumann relieved Peterson and proved to be more successful. In two innings, he had two strikeouts, two walks, one hit, and one unearned run. At the plate, Cody Asche made his 51s debut, but he didn’t have a good showing as he struck out twice and had a fielding error. Ty Kelly was the 51s’ best hitter last night as he went 2-for-2 with a run, two doubles, one run batted in, and two walks.
- CF Matthew den Dekker: 2-4, R, BB, K
- LF Zach Borenstein: 0-5, 3 K
- DH Bryce Brentz: 1-5, R, 2B, 2 RBI, 3 K
- 1B Dominic Smith: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- RF Ty Kelly: 2-2, R, 2 2B, RBI, 2 BB
- 3B Cody Asche: 0-4, 2 K, E (1)
- C Johnny Monell: 0-2, 2 BB, K
- 2B Gavin Cecchini: 1-4, RBI
- SS Luis Guillorme: 2-4, R, K
- RHP Vance Worley: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- RHP Tim Peterson: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, HBP, L (0-1)
- LHP Buddy Baumann: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: Las Vegas 51s placed LHP Matt Purke on the temporarily inactive list.
ROSTER ALERT: 3B Cody Asche assigned to Las Vegas 51s.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (13-11)
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (11-16)
PALM BEACH 4, ST. LUCIE 1 (BOX)
The Mets suffered their third consecutive loss as the Palm Beach Cardinals defeated them 4-1. On the mound, Blake Taylor started the game for the Mets and had an subpar outing. In six innings, he gave up nine hits, four earned runs, and one walk. Adam Atkins relieved him in the seventh, and he had a decent outing, with three strikeouts in two innings. At the plate, the Mets totaled eight hits but were only able to cross home plate once.
- DH Jacob Zanon: 0-4, RBI
- SS Andres Gimenez: 1-4, E (3)
- CF Desmond Lindsay: 1-4, 2B, 2 K
- C Anthony Dimino: 1-4, 3B, K, PB (5)
- RF Ian Strom: 2-4
- 2B Luis Carpio: 1-4
- 3B Dale Burdick: 0-3, R, BB, K
- 1B Brandon Brosher: 1-2, BB, K
- LF Gene Cone: 1-3
- LHP Blake Taylor: 6.0 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, WP, L (0-2)
- RHP Adam Atkins: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
ROSTER ALERT: St. Lucie Mets activated RHP Gary Cornish from the 7-day disabled list.
ROSTER ALERT: St. Lucie Mets placed RHP Justin Dunn on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to May 2, 2018.
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (15-13)
COLUMBIA 2, LAKEWOOD 1 (BOX)
The Fireflies grabbed their fifteenth win this season as they defeated the Lakewood BlueClaws by a score of 2-1. At the plate, Blake Tiberi and Rigoberto Terrazas combined for four hits, two walks, and two runs batted in. In the ninth, Terrazas hit a walk-off single and brought Quinn Brodey home for the winning run.
Jake Simon got the start for the Fireflies and was decent. In five innings, he didn’t allow any earned runs and had two strikeouts. In the sixth, Joe Cavallaro took over for Simon and struck out four over his four innings of work.
- SS Edgardo Fermin: 1-4, K
- LF Hansel Moreno: 0-3, BB, K
- 2B Blake Tiberi: 2-3, RBI, BB, K
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 1-4, K
- CF Quinn Brodey: 2-4, R, 2B
- C Ali Sanchez: 0-4, K
- DH Matt Winaker: 0-3, BB, K
- 3B Rigoberto Terrazas: 2-3, RBI, BB, E (4)
- RF Raphael Gladu: 0-2, R, BB, K, CS (1)
- P Jake Simon: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- P Joe Cavallaro: 4.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, W (3-1)
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night