*All results from games played on May 6, 2018
Triple-A: Las Vegas 51s (11-20)
P.J. Conlon was scheduled to pitch on the evening, but with his promotion, it became a bullpen game. Drew Smith was handed the ball and allowed two runs on four hits and two walks. He gave way to Jacob Rhame, who threw well, allowing a run over four innings. The Las Vegas offense didn’t come alive until late, with Gavin Cecchini smacking a two-run homer to tie the game up at 2-2 apiece in the sixth inning. The Bees took the lead in the seventh, but a Zach Borenstein sac fly in the eighth tied things up once again. Corey Taylor pitched the bottom of the eighth and ended up giving up a triple to former major league slugger Chris Carter, giving Sacramento the lead.
- 2B Gavin Cecchini: 1-3, R, HR (2), 2 RBI
- DH Zach Borenstein: 0-3, RBI, 2 K
- RF Bryce Brentz: 0-1, BB, K
- PH-CF Patrick Biondi: 0-2
- 1B Dominic Smith: 0-4, K
- CF-RF Ty Kelly: 0-4, 3 K
- LF Cody Asche: 0-4, K
- C Johnny Monell: 0-3, K; Monell threw out three runners who attempted to steal on him
- 3B Phillip Evans: 1-2, R, 2B, BB
- SS Luis Guillorme: 2-2, R, BB
- RHP Drew Smith: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- RHP Jacob Rhame: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Corey Taylor: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, L (1-1)
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled LHP P.J. Conlon from Las Vegas 51s.
ROSTER ALERT: Gerson Bautista assigned to Las Vegas 51s from Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (13-13)
ROSTER ALERT: Binghamton Rumble Ponies activated RHP Johnny Magliozzi from the 7-day disabled list.
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (12-16)
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (17-13)
COLUMBIA 10, LAKEWOOD 7 (BOX)
One year ago on this very day, the Columbia Fireflies were no hit by the Lakewood Blueclaws. Nick Fanti threw 8.2 hitless innings and Trevor Bettencourt recorded the final out. Today, the Colaflies logged a season-high 17 hits. The offense bailed out Chris Viall who, as he is wont to do, had problems with his control on the afternoon and his worst outing in 2018. The big right-hander walked three batters in the first inning alone, allowing the BlueClaws to score a pair of runs in the top of the first. In the bottom of the inning, Ali Sanchez and Matt Winaker each plated a runner, tying things up at 2-2. In the second, Viall walked a batter, hit a batter, threw a wild pitch, and allowed a home run, giving Lakewood a 4-2 edge and necessitating Darwin Ramos to replace him in the third. In the fifth, the Colaflies tied the game up at 4-4 when Jeremy Vasquez hit a solo home run and Raphael Gladu drove Ali Sanchez in, but Joshua Payne gave up a run in the top of the sixth to put Columbia behind the eight-ball once again. The Colaflies unloaded in the bottom of the sixth, scoring six runs and giving them a five-run lead. Edgardo Fermin led off the inning with a home run and ended it by grounding into a double play. Between his two at-bats, Blake Tiberi reached on an error, Quinn Brodey homered, Jeremy Vasquez doubled, Ali Sanchez singled, Matt Winaker singled, Scott Manea doubled, Raphael Gladu singled, and Giovanny Alfonzo. Randy Alcantara was on the mound that entire time and saw his ERA balloon from 3.38 to 6.43. The BlueClaws did not go down quietly and scored a run in the seventh and eighth, but Trey Cobb shut them down in the ninth to notch his fourth save of the season and book Columbia’s fifth win in a row in the books.
- SS Edgardo Fermin: 1-4, R, HR (2), RBI, BB, K
- 2B Blake Tiberi: 3-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- CF Quinn Brodey: 1-5, R, HR (5), 2 RBI, K
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 3-4, 3 R, 2B, HR (3), RBI, BB; That marks 29-straight games where Vasquez reached base.
- C Ali Sanchez: 2-4, R, RBI, BB, K
- LF Matt Winaker: 3-5, R, 2 RBI, K
- DH Scott Manea: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, K
- RF Raphael Gladu: 2-3, 2 RBI, BB, K
- 3B Giovanny Alfonzo: 1-4, RBI
- RHP Chris Viall: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 2 K, WP, HBP
- RHP Darwin Ramos: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- RHP Joshua Payne: 1.2 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, W (3-0)
- LHP Aaron Ford: 1.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 2 WP, H (1)
- RHP Trey Cobb: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, S (4)
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night