*All results from games played on June 10, 2018
Triple-A: Las Vegas 51s (26-38)
ROUND ROCK 10, LAS VEGAS 6 (BOX)
Despite throwing one of his best games as a Las Vegas 51, Chris Flexen took the loss after allowing six runs over seven innings. Round Rock right fielder Scott Heineman led the Express’s offensive onslaught, going 3-5 with a home run and six RBI, extending his hitting streak to 13 games. He also threw out a runner at the plate and then made a diving play to end the seventh inning, single-handedly ending Las Vegas’ offensive outburst in the inning. The 51s had another outburst in the bottom of the ninth, plating a few runs, but it was too little, too late.
- 2B-CF Ty Kelly: 0-3, R, RBI, BB, HBP, SB (2)
- SS Phillip Evans: 1-3, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, K
- 1B Dominic Smith: 1-5, R, K
- DH Zach Borenstein: 1-5, R, HR (13), 2 RBI, 2 K
- LF Patrick Kivlehan: 1-5, 2 K
- 3B Cody Asche: 0-4, 2 K
- RF Kevin Kaczmarski: 2-3, 2 R, BB, K, SB (1)
- CF Ezequiel Carrera: 2-3, 2B, SB (4)
- PR-CF Patrick Biondi: 0-0
- PH Johnny Monell: 0-1, K
- 2B Joey Wong: 0-0
- C Colton Plaia: 1-3, R, 2B, BB, K
- RHP Chris Flexen: 7.0 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 10 K, WP, L (4-5)
- RHP Joseph Zanghi: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: Las Vegas 51s placed C Jeff Glenn on the 7-day disabled list retroactive to June 9, 2018.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Joseph Zanghi assigned to Las Vegas 51s from St. Lucie Mets.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (34-28)
BINGHAMTON 6, TRENTON 0 (BOX)
Making his first Double-A start, Justin Dunn had a great game. Though the command looked shaky at times, he blanked the Thunder over his seven innings of work, helping the Rumble Ponies avoid the sweep in the Double-A Subway Series. Binghamton touched up Trenton starter Jonathan Loaisiga for four runs in two innings, and scored a pair of runs off of his replacement Michael King. Dunn and relievers Ryder Ryan and Ty Bashlor, on the other hand, blanked the Thunder and allowed a season-low three hits.
As for Dunn himself, the profile is still very much the same. The stadium gun showed him mostly sitting in the high-80s, which had me very worried, but I was informed by fellow nerd Jarret Seidler that the stadium gun was a little off and he was sitting in the low-to-mid-90s, which is where Dunn lives. The slider looked good, and what looked like a changeup was effective in getting swings-and-misses down out of the zone. The command wasn’t great, but that was in his profile since day one.
- SS Levi Michael: 0-2, R, BB, 2 K, 2 HBP
- 2B Jeff McNeil: 3-5, 2 R, 2B
- DH Peter Alonso: 1-5, RBI, K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-5, 2 RBI
- 1B Kevin Taylor: 1-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- RF Jhoan Urena: 1-3, RBI, BB, K
- CF John Mora: 0-4
- 3B Matt Oberste: 1-4, R, 2 K
- LF Tim Tebow: 1-4, R, K
- RHP Justin Dunn: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 9 K, HBP, W (1-0)
- RHP Ryder Ryan: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Tyler Bashlor: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: Justin Dunn assigned to Binghamton Rumble Ponies from St. Lucie Mets.
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (24-33)
LAKELAND 9, ST. LUCIE 3 (BOX)
Lakeland came out swinging. They knocked Blake Taylor out of the game early and had no troubles against relievers Adam Atkins or Matt Pobereyko. St. Lucie had a few moments, as Desmond Lindsay hit his first home run of the season and Michael Paez and Andres Gimenez both drove in a run apiece, but the game was practically all Lakeland.
- LF Gene Cone: 0-3, BB
- SS Andres Gimenez: 1-4, RBI, 2 K
- 3B Michael Paez: 1-4, RBI
- CF Desmond Lindsay: 1-4, R, HR (1), RBI, K, E (2)
- 2B Luis Carpio: 0-4
- 1B Dale Burdick: 0-4, K
- DH Brandon Brosher: 0-4, K
- C Dan Rizzie: 0-3, K
- RF Ian Strom: 1-1, 2 R, BB, HBP, SB (10)
- LHP Blake Taylor: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, L (1-3)
- LHP Adam Atkins: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, WP, HBP
- RHP Matt Pobereyko: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Ezequiel Zabaleta: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, HBP
- RHP Stephen Nogosek: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Ryan Selmer: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
ROSTER ALERT: Ezequiel Zabaleta assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: Ryan Selmer assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Kingsport Mets.
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (31-29)
COLUMBIA 4, AUGUSTA 0 (BOX)
With the Colaflies losing David Peterson to promotion, the team will be taking a pretty big blow, but a healthy Chris Viall will help minimize that loss. The big right-hander looked a bit better in his second start since returning from the DL, tossing five plus innings of scoreless ball. The offense, meanwhile, looked strong, knocking in a run in the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh.
- SS Edgardo Fermin: 1-3, R, HR (4), 2 RBI, K
- RF Raphael Gladu: 0-4
- C Ali Sanchez: 2-4, K
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- LF Matt Winaker: 2-4, R, 2B, K
- DH Scott Manea: 0-3, BB
- CF Quinn Brodey: 0-4
- 3B Rigoberto Terrazas: 2-2, 2 RBI, BB
- 2B Hansel Moreno: 2-3, R, 3B, K
- RHP Chris Viall: 5.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, HBP, W (2-3)
- RHP Yeizo Campos: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, S (1)
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night