The Mets traveled to Jupiter on Sunday afternoon for a Grapefruit League game against the Cardinals and came away with a 10-8 victory.
- Dominic Smith had a big day, as he went 3-for-4 with a long three-run home run and four total runs batted in, leaving him with a .500 average and a 1.267 OPS thus far in spring training games.
- Luis Guillorme went deep, too, as he hit one over the left field fence. He went 2-for-4 with a pair of runs batted in and a pair of runs scored.
- Juan Lagares was the other Mets hitter to finish the game with more than one hit. He went 3-for-5 with three runs scored.
- Travis d’Arnaud made his first appearance in a game since he underwent Tommy John surgery last year, and he went 1-for-3 with a run batted in as the Mets’ DH.
- Zack Wheeler started the game and went one-and-two-third innings while giving up three runs on four hits with one strikeout and two walks.
- Relievers Drew Smith, Luis Avilan, and Jacob Rhame made scoreless appearances. Kyle Dowdy gave up three runs in two-thirds of an inning, while Tyler Bashlor gave up one run—unearned—in two innings. Stephen Villines gave up a run in his inning of work.