*All results from games played on April 26, 2019
Triple-A - Syracuse Mets (13-8)
Friday evening’s game between the Syracuse Mets and the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders was suspended with one out in the bottom of the first inning with the Mets winning 1-0.
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (9-6)
NO GAME (RAIN)
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Ryley Gilliam has been assigned to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies from the St. Lucie Mets.
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (12-10)
ST. LUCIE 7, FLORIDA 3 (BOX)
The St. Lucie Mets got on the board in the bottom of the second inning, when Cody Bohanek singled Luis Carpio home from second. Kevin Smith pitched wonderfully for the Mets, and cruised through the first five innings before running into a little bit of trouble in the sixth. He gave up a triple to Florida’s Shean Michel to open the inning, and allowed Michel to score later in the inning on a sacrifice fly. Smith left the game following the inning ,having allowed just a single run on three hits and three walks with seven strikeouts in six innings of work. With the game tied at 1-1, St. Lucie erupted for six runs in the bottom half of the inning. After Luis Carpio singled and Matt Winaker walked to start the inning, Cody Bohanek doubled to drive Carpio home from second. Mitch Ghelfi followed that with a single that drove in Winaker and Bohanek, and later scored, along with Hansel Moreno, on a sacrifice fly from Carlos Cortes. A wild pitch from Florida’s Daysbel Hernandez allowed another run to score, giving St. Lucie a 7-1 lead through six innings. The Florida Fire Frogs scored a run in the eighth on a double from Riley Unroe, and in the ninth on a solo homer from Greyson Jenista, but ultimately lost to the St. Lucie Mets 8-3.
- 3B Blake Tiberi: 1-3, BB
- DH Carlos Cortes: 0-3, 2 RBI, BB, K
- CF Quinn Brodey: 2-4, R, BB, CS (1)
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 2-5
- 2B Luis Carpio: 1-3, 2 R, 2 BB
- LF Matt Winaker: 1-4, R, BB, K
- SS Cody Bohanek: 3-4, R, 2B, 2 RBI
- C Mitch Ghelfi: 1-3, R, 2 RBI, BB
- RF Hansel Moreno: 1-3, R, BB, K
- LHP Kevin Smith: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 7 K, W (2-2)
- RHP Briam Campusano: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, S (1)
ROSTER ALERT: The St. Lucie Mets have activated right-handed pitcher Max Kuhns from the 7-day injured list.
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (7-14)
CHARLESTON 8, COLUMBIA 3 (BOX)
Friday was a rough night for the Columbia pitching staff. Willy Tavares managed to work his way in and out of trouble through the first three innings, before giving up four runs on a pair of homers and an RBI double in the fourth. Taveras came back out for the fifth and immediately gave up a leadoff single to Charleston’s Wilkerman Garcia. Taveras allowed Garcia to advance to second on a balk, and then allowed him to score on a single from Charleston’s Josh Breaux to end his night before getting an out in the fifth inning. Billy Oxford came into the game to relieve Taveras, and allowed an inherited runner to score on a single from Charleston’s Kyle Gray to put Columbia behind 6-0. Charleston scored an insurance run in the sixth off of Chris Viall, to extend their lead to 7-0. Columbia managed to scratch two runs in the seventh, on a throwing error that allowed Mark Vientos to score from third, and an RBI single off the bat of Bradley Marquez to cut the Charleston lead to 7-2. Ronny Mauricio doubled to open the eighth, and later scored on a sacrifice fly from Brian Sharp, but Charleston got the run back in the bottom half of the inning on an RBI single from Wilkerman Garcia. The Columbia Fireflies ultimately lost to the Charleston Riverdogs 8-3.
- 2B Walter Rasquin: 0-4, K
- DH Shervyen Newton: 0-4, 2 K
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 1-4, R, 2B, K, E (5)
- 3B Mark Vientos: 1-4, R, K
- 1B Brian Sharp: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- LF Wagner Lagrange: 0-3, RBI, BB
- C Juan Uriarte: 0-3, BB, K
- RF Jose Miguel Medina: 1-4, RBI, K
- CF Bradley Marquez: 1-3, BB, K, SB (2)
- RHP Willy Taveras: 4.0 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, BLK, L (2-2)
- RHP Billy Oxford: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Chris Viall: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
- RHP Jose Moreno: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night