*All results from games played on Sunday, May 5, 2019
Triple-A: Syracuse Mets (17-13)
SCRANTON WILKES-BARRE 14, SYRACUSE 3 (BOX)
Mickey Jannis, possibly auditioning for a spot on the Mets’ roster with the bullpen being taxed early on in the season and no clear candidate grabbing the brass ring, was completely obliterated, allowing fourteen runs- ten earned- in three plus innings. The bullpen behind him was oddly effective, keeping the RailRiders off the board for the rest of the game, but the damage was already done and no amount of scoreless innings would dig Syracuse out of that hole.
- CF Rajai Davis: 1-2, R, SB (11)
- RF Rymer Liriano: 1-2, K
- REHAB ALERT SS-2B Jed Lowrie: 1-4, K
- 2B-SS Luis Guillorme: 1-4, R, RBI, K
- DH Carlos Gomez: 3-4, R, 2B, HR (3), 2 RBI, K
- RF-CF Gregor Blanco: 1-3, BB, 2 K, CS (3)
- 3B Dilson Herrera: 0-3, BB, 3 K, E (7)
- 1B David Thompson: 1-4, 3 K
- C Colton Plaia: 0-4, 3 K, PB (1)
- LF Tim Tebow: 0-4, 3 K
- RHP Mickey Jannis: 3.1 IP, 12 H, 14 R, 10 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 4 WP, L (0-1)
- LHP P.J. Conlon: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- LHP Sean Burnett: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Eric Hanhold: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets optioned LHP Ryan O’Rourke to Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets optioned RHP Chris Flexen to Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled RHP Tyler Bashlor from Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: New York Mets recalled RHP Tim Peterson from Syracuse Mets.
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (16-10)
PORTLAND 4, BINGHAMTON 2 / 7 (BOX)
Binghamton took an early lead in the first, and added to it in the sixth, but the Sea Dogs came roaring back in the bottom of the sixth. Michael Gibbons had been cruising all afternoon but hit a sudden wall, allowing four innings before being yanked. The Rumble Ponies quickly went down in the seventh, and just like that, having led for virtually the entire game, they were the afternoon’s losers.
- SS Arismendy Alcantara: 2-4, R
- DH Andres Gimenez: 0-2, K
- 2B Sam Haggerty: 1-2, R, RBI, SB (6)
- RF Barrett Barnes: 1-3, RBI, K
- C Ali Sanchez: 0-3, 2 K
- CF Braxton Lee: 1-3, 2B, K
- 3B Michael Paez: 0-2, BB, K
- LF Dario Pizzano: 0-3, K
- 1B Jason Krizan: 0-1, 2 BB
- RHP Michael Gibbons: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, HBP, L (3-3)
- RHP Adonis Uceta: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
BINGHAMTON 6, PORTLAND 5 / 7 (BOX)
For a second time, Binghamton took an early lead but Portland got the upper hand in later innings. Patrick Mazeika and Will Toffey combined to score two runs in the first, but Austin McGeorge and David Roseboom combined to led the Sea Dogs take the lead in the fourth. Unlike earlier in the afternoon, the Ponies came rumbling back, scoring four more runs in the top of the sixth when Kevin Kaczmarski hit a grand slam. Portland was able to scratch back two in the bottom of the seventh, but Joe Zanghi was able to shut the door and end the game.
- SS Arismendy Alcantara: 1-3, R, BB, 2 K, SB (3), 2 E (1, 2)
- 2B Sam Haggerty: 0-2, R, 2 BB, K
- 3B Michael Paez: 1-2, R, BB, K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-4, R, RBI
- DH Will Toffey: 1-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- CF Braxton Lee: 0-3, K
- RF Kevin Kaczmarski: 1-3, R, HR (2), 4 RBI, K
- LF Dario Pizzano: 0-3
- 1B Jason Krizan: 1-3
- RHP Austin McGeorge: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- LHP David Roseboom: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 1 K, 2 HBP, W (1-0)
- RHP Matt Blackham: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, H (1)
- RHP Joe Zanghi: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, S (2)
ROSTER ALERT: LHP David Roseboom assigned to Binghamton Rumble Ponies from Syracuse Mets
ROSTER ALERT: Binghamton Rumble Ponies activated RHP Austin McGeorge from the 7-day injured list.
Advanced-A: St. Lucie Mets (16-12)
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Dedniel Nunez assigned to St. Lucie Mets from Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Luc Rennie assigned to Brooklyn Cyclones from St. Lucie Mets.
Low-A: Columbia Fireflies (9-20)
LEXINGTON 11, COLUMBIA 1 (BOX)
This game was the completion of a game initially suspended on May 4th. Bryce Hutchinson was a bit shaky in his first start this season, but he kept the Colaflies in the game. He passed the ball off to Christian James and the right-hander had a terrible outing, allowing eight earned runs in four-plus innings. The hole was extremely deep, but if Columbia had any semblance of an offense, a comeback might have been possible. Unfortunately, as has been the case for most of the season, the Columbia bats were simply absent for most of the game.
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 1-4, K, CS (4)
- 2B Shervyen Newton: 0-3, BB, K
- 3B Mark Vientos: 2-4, R, 2B, 2 K
- 1B Chase Chambers: 2-3, 2B, RBI, BB
- C Hayden Senger: 0-4, K
- RF Jose Miguel Medina: 0-4, K
- DH Walter Rasquin: 0-3, K
- LF Anthony Dirocie: 0-3, 2 K
- CF Bradley Marquez: 0-3, 2 K
- RHP Bryce Hutchinson: 3.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, BLK, L (1-1)
- RHP Christian James: 4.2 IP, 10 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 WP
- RHP Darwin Ramos: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
COLUMBIA 3, LEXINGTON 1 / 7 (BOX)
The last time Colin Holderman pitched a professional inning, Puerto Rico had yet to be ravaged by hurricanes and abandoned by the Trump administration, the worst mass shooting in U.S. history had yet to be committed in Las Vegas, and the world’s last male northern white rhinoceros was still alive. Recovering from Tommy John and complications that followed took Colin Holderman on a long and circuitous route, but he’s finally back. The right-hander tossed five innings, scattering four hits and allowing a run, and left with a lead after the Colaflies scored two in the bottom of the fourth. Alec Kisena pitched the last two innings and set the Legends down in order, preserving a sorely needed victory for the Fireflies. When Holderman was last on the mound, he was an intriguing prospect, sitting in the low-90s with a slider that flashed plus and a developing changeup that flashed average and was worthy of consideration at the back-end of prospect lists at the time. It will be interesting to see how the 23-year-old looks, and what the Mets do with him.
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 1-3, R
- 1B Brian Sharp: 1-3, R, HR (4), RBI
- 3B Mark Vientos: 1-3, R
- DH Chase Chambers: 0-2, RBI, 2 K
- 2B Shervyen Newton: 0-1, 2 BB, E (1)
- RF Jose Miguel Medina: 0-2, BB, 2 K
- LF Walter Rasquin: 0-3
- C Carlos Sanchez: 0-2
- CF Anthony Dirocie: 0-2, 2 K
- RHP Colin Holderman: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, HBP, W (1-0)
- RHP Alec Kisena: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, S (1)
ROSTER ALERT: Columbia Fireflies activated RHP Colin Holderman from the 7-day injured list.
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Billy Oxford assigned to Brooklyn Cyclones from Columbia Fireflies
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night