*All results from games played on June 11, 2019
Triple-A - Syracuse Mets (31-33)
SYRACUSE 15, CHARLOTTE 8 (BOX)
The Syracuse Mets got off to an early start in Tuesday evening’s game against the Charlotte Knights. The Mets scored three runs in the bottom of the first on RBI singles from Danny Espinosa and Rene Rivera, and another two runs in the bottom of the second on an RBI single from Robinson Cano. It was a rough outing for Zach Lee, who came into the game in the top of the second in relief of Justin Wilson, who threw a scoreless inning in the first inning of his rehab stint in Syracuse. Charlotte scored a run off of Lee in the top of the fourth inning, and another two runs off Lee in the top of the fifth to cut the Syracuse lead to 9-3. The Mets immediately got the runs back in the bottom of the fifth, scoring four total runs in the inning. The fifth inning rally proved to be fortuitous, because Lee gave up an additional five runs to the Knights in the top of the sixth, including two on a triple off the bat of Charlotte’s Adam Engel, which cut the Mets’ lead to 9-8. Having seen their lead shrink to just a single run, the Mets came out swinging in the bottom of the seventh. Tim Tebow opened the inning by getting hit by a pitch, and Brandon Nimmo followed by drawing a walk. Travis Taijeron followed the walk with a double that brought Tebow home from second, and Danny Espinosa followed by clearing the bases with a three-run shot. Rene Rivera closed the scoring for the evening with a two-run shot later in the inning. The Syracuse Mets cruised to a victory from there, ultimately defeating the Charlotte Knights 15-8.
- REHAB ALERT: CF Brandon Nimmo: 0-3, 3 R, 2 BB, K
- RF Gregor Blanco: 1-1, 2B
- REHAB ALERT: 2B Robinson Cano: 3-3, R, 2 2B, RBI
- PH-1B Travis Taijeron: 1-2, R, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- SS Danny Espinosa: 2-5, R, HR (10), 5 RBI, BB, SB (7)
- DH Rajai Davis: 0-6, R, RBI, SB (16)
- RF-CF Aaron Altherr: 0-4, R, BB, K, SB (1)
- C Rene Rivera: 4-5, 2 R, HR (6), 4 RBI, K
- 1B-2B Dilson Herrera: 1-4, R, 2B, BB, 2 K
- 3B Ruben Tejada: 1-3, 2 R, 2 RBI, 2 BB
- LF Tim Tebow: 2-4, 2 R, 2 K, HBP
- REHAB ALERT: LHP Justin Wilson: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Zach Lee: 4.2 IP, 9 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, W (4-2)
- RHP Ryley Gilliam: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, WP, H (1)
- RHP Stephen Nogosek: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Louis Coleman: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, WP
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have sent second baseman Robinson Cano on a rehab assignment to the Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have sent left-handed pitcher Justin Wilson on a rehab assignment to the Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have sent outfielder Brandon Nimmo on a rehab assignment to the Syracuse Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Ryley Gilliam has been assigned to the Syracuse Mets from the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have recalled shortstop Luis Guillorme from the Syracuse Mets.
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (33-25)
BINGHAMTON 7, TRENTON 6 (BOX)
David Peterson cruised through the first five innings but ran into trouble in the top of the sixth inning of Tuesday evening’s game between the Binghamton Rumble Ponies and the Trenton Thunder. Peterson gave up a two-run shot to Trenton’s Chris Gittens in the top of the sixth, putting the Rumble Ponies behind 2-0. Binghamton responded in the bottom half of the inning, scoring four total runs in the inning, including two runs on an RBI single from Quinn Brodey. Peterson came back out for the top of the seventh, but exited the game after allowing singles to Trenton’s Kyle Holder and Kellin Deglan. Andrew Church came in to relieve Peterson, and allowed both inherited runners to score, as well as a run of his own to put Binghamton behind 5-4. Binghamton took the lead in the bottom of the eighth on an RBI single from Jason Krizan, but lost the lead when Trenton tied the game in the top of the ninth with Blake Taylor on the mound. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies walked the game off in the bottom of the ninth, when Michael Paez singled with the bases loaded. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies ultimately defeated the Trenton Thunder 7-6.
- SS Luis Carpio: 0-4, BB, 3 K
- RF Jason Krizan: 1-5, 2 RBI, K
- DH Barrett Barnes: 0-4, BB, K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-4, R, BB
- 1B David Thompson: 3-4, 2 R, BB, K
- 3B Will Toffey: 1-3, R, 2 BB, 2 K
- LF Braxton Lee: 3-4, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB, K
- 2B Michael Paez: 2-4, R, RBI, BB
- CF Quinn Brodey: 1-4, 2 RBI, 2 K
- LHP David Peterson: 6.1 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
- RHP Andrew Church: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, BS (1)
- LHP Blake Taylor: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, HBP
- RHP Matt Blackham: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, W (3-1)
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Andrew Church has been assigned to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies from the Syracuse Mets.
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (31-33)
ST. LUCIE 5, CLEARWATER 0 (BOX)
The St. Lucie Mets dominated the Clearwater Threshers in Tuesday evening’s game in Clearwater, FL. Jacob Zanon hit a solo homer in the top of the first, which proved to be all of the offense the St. Lucie pitching staff would need. They added two runs in the top of the fourth, including one on an RBI single from Manny Rodriguez, and another two in the seventh on a single from Carlos Cortes with runners on second and third. Ervin Santana contributed six scoreless innings, and Ezequiel Zabaleta contributed three scoreless innings of his own to help the St. Lucie Mets cruise to a 5-0 win over the Clearwater Threshers.
- LF Blake Tiberi: 0-3, R, 2 BB, 2 K
- CF Jacob Zanon: 2-4, 2 R, HR (4), RBI, BB, SB (8)
- 2B Carlos Cortes: 2-4, R, 2 RBI, BB
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 2-5, R, 2B
- DH Mitch Ghelfi: 0-5, RBI, K
- SS Manny Rodriguez: 1-4, RBI, K
- RF Alfredo Escalera: 0-3, K, HBP
- C Nick Meyer: 0-3
- C Dan Rizzie: 1-1
- 3B Yoel Romero: 0-3, BB, K, E (1)
- RHP Ervin Santana: 6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 2 WP, W (1-1)
- RHP Ezequiel Zabaleta: 3.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, S (3)
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (24-37)
COLUMBIA 8, ASHEVILLE 1 (BOX)
The Columbia Fireflies got an early start in last night’s game against the Ashville Tourists. Hansel Moreno singled in the bottom of the first, stole second, and later scored on an RBI single off the bat of Chase Chambers. Chambers scored later in the inning on an RBI double from Shervyen Newton, who later scored on an RBI single off the bat of Wagner Lagrange. Columbia scored another two runs in the bottom of the second on an RBI single from Mark Vientos, and another run in the bottom of the third on a solo shot from Juan Uriarte. The Columbia pitching staff generally pitched pretty well last night as a collective. Thomas Szapucki contributed 2.1 scoreless innings to start the game, and Jose Butto contributed five innings and allowed just one run in the top of the fifth on an RBI double from Asheville’s Daniel Montano. Gerson Molina extended the Fireflies’ lead to 7-1 with a solo homer in the bottom of the sixth, and Wagner Lagrange managed to drive in a run on a force out in the bottom of the seventh. The Columbia Fireflies ended up cruising to an 8-1 victory over the Asheville Tourists.
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 1-5, 2B, 3 K
- CF Hansel Moreno: 3-5, 3 R, 2 2B, K, SB (3)
- 3B Mark Vientos: 1-4, 2 RBI, K, 2 E (14)
- 1B Chase Chambers: 1-4, R, RBI, K
- 2B Shervyen Newton: 1-4, R, 2B, RBI
- DH Wagner Lagrange: 1-4, 2 RBI, K
- C Juan Uriarte: 1-4, R, HR (3), RBI, 2 K
- RF Gerson Molina: 1-3, R, HR (3), RBI, BB
- LF Taylor Lane: 0-3, R, HBP
- LHP Thomas Szapucki: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Alec Kisena: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Jose Butto: 5.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, W (2-7)
- RHP Chris Viall: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night