*All results from games played on June 14, 2019
Triple-A - Syracuse Mets (32-35)
GWINNETT 11 , SYRACUSE 4 (BOX)
The Syracuse Mets got on the board first in last night’s game against the Gwinnett Stripers, but the Stripers ended up having the last words. Rene Rivera hit a two-run shot in the bottom of the first, but Gwinnett scored three runs in the top of the second to take the lead. Anthony Kay struggled a bit in his Triple-A debut. He allowed another two runs in the top of the third on a two-run homer off the bat of the Gwinnett’s Sean Kazmar. Kay left the game after the fourth inning, having given up five earned runs on six hits and one walk. Syracuse got two scoreless inning from Louis Coleman, but Stephen Villines allowed five runs between the seventh and eighth innings, and Eric Hanhold allowed another run to score in the top of the ninth to put Syracuse behind 11-2 heading into the bottom of the ninth. Rene Rivera drove a run in on an RBI single and Luis Guillorme drove home another on a sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth, but the Syracuse Mets ultimately lost to the Gwinnett Stripers 11-4.
- CF Rajai Davis: 1-4, K
- REHAB ALERT: 2B Robinson Cano: 1-4, R, 2B, K
- 3B Ruben Tejada: 0-2, 2 R, BB
- C Rene Rivera: 2-4, R, HR (7), 3 RBI, K
- SS Luis Guillorme: 0-2, RBI, BB, K
- 1B Travis Taijeron: 0-3, BB, 3 K
- RF Aaron Altherr: 0-2, BB, K
- PH Rymer Liriano: 1-1
- LF Tim Tebow: 0-4, K
- LHP Anthony Kay: 0-1
- PH Gregor Blanco: 0-1, K
- RF Arismendy Alcantara: 0-2, 2 K
- LHP Anthony Kay: 4.0 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, HBP, L (0-1)
- RHP Louis Coleman: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
- RHP Stephen Villines: 1.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- LHP Daniel Zamora: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- RHP Eric Hanhold: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
ROSTER ALERT: Syracuse Mets have placed left-handed pitcher Ryan O’Rourke on the 7-day injured list retroactive to June 13, 2019.
ROSTER ALERT: The Syracuse Mets have activated left-handed pitcher Daniel Zamora from the 7-day injured list.
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (33-28)
ALTOONA 6, BINGHAMTON 2 (BOX)
The Binghamton Rumble Ponies fell behind in the top of the fourth of Friday evening’s game against the Altoona Curve. Harol Gonzalez gave up two runs in the top of the fourth, and another run in the top of the sixth, but generally pitched pretty well, giving up just the three runs and striking out nine in six innings of work. Binghamton got on the board in the bottom of the fourth on an RBI single off the bat of Quinn Brodey, and another run in the bottom of the fifth on an RBI single from Ali Sanchez. Altoona scored a pair of insurance runs in the top of the seventh when Altoona’s Robbie Glendinning hit a two-run homer off of Joseph Shaw. The Altoona Curve scored another run off of Shaw in the top of the eighth inning, and ultimately defeated the Binghamton Rumble Ponies 6-2.
- LF Braxton Lee: 0-3, 2 BB, SB (4)
- 3B Michael Paez: 0-4
- PH Will Toffey: 0-1
- 1B-3B David Thompson: 1-4, R, BB, SB (1)
- RF Barrett Barnes: 0-4, BB, 4 K
- C Ali Sanchez: 3-5, R, RBI, K
- 2B Jason Krizan: 1-5
- SS Luis Carpio: 2-3, BB
- CF Quinn Brodey: 2-4, RBI, K, SB (1)
- RHP Harol Gonzalez: 0-2, 2 K
- PH-1B Patrick Mazeika: 1-2, K
- RHP Harol Gonzalez: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 9 K, L (3-2)
- RHP Joseph Shaw: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Ryder Ryan: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (31-33)
NO GAME (SCHEDULE)
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (24-40)
LEXINGTON 5, COLUMBIA 1 (BOX)
Last night’s game between the Columbia Fireflies and the Lexington Legends remained scoreless through the first four innings, before Lexington broke through in the fifth. Christian James allowed an unearned run to score in the top of the fifth on RBI single from Lexington’s Michael Gigliotti and a fielding error from Juan Uriarte. Lexington broke the game open in the top of the sixth, scoring four more runs off of James in the inning. The Columbia Fireflies managed to scratch across a run in the bottom of the ninth on an RBI single from Chandler Avant, but ultimately lost to the Lexington Legends 5-1.
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 1-4, K
- CF Hansel Moreno: 0-4, K
- LF Wagner Lagrange: 1-4, 2 K
- 1B Chase Chambers: 0-3, BB
- 3B Shervyen Newton: 0-2, K
- 3B Taylor Lane: 1-2, R, 2B
- C Juan Uriarte: 1-4, K, 2 E (3)
- 2B Chandler Avant: 1-3, RBI, BB
- DH Hayden Senger: 1-4, 3B, K
- RF Gerson Molina: 1-3, K, CS (3)
- RHP Christian James: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, HBP, L (2-5)
- RHP Christian Tripp: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Jose Moreno: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Christian Tripp has been assigned to the Columbia Fireflies from the Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: The Columbia Fireflies have placed right-handed pitcher Colin Holderman on the 7-day injured list.
SS-A - Brooklyn Cyclones (1-0)
BROOKLYN 5, STATEN ISLAND 4 (BOX)
Friday evening’s game between the Brooklyn Cyclones and the Staten Island Yankees remained score until the bottom of the fourth inning, when 2019 draftee Joe Genord launched his first professional home run over the left centerfield fence. The Yankees tied the game in the top of the fifth, with Daison Acosta balked with runners on first and third. The Cyclones took the lead back in the bottom of the sixth, scoring three runs on three doubles from Zach Ashford, Nic Gaddis, and Jose Miguel Medina. The Yankees scored a run in the top of the seventh, but the Cyclones got the run back on an RBI single from Ranfy Adon in the bottom half of the inning. The Brooklyn Cyclones gave up two runs in the top of the eighth, but ultimately held on to defeat the Staten Island Yankees 5-4.
- CF Ranfy Adon: 1-4, RBI, K, CS (1)
- SS Yoel Romero: 0-4, K, E (1)
- RF Zach Ashford: 1-4, R, 2B, K
- 1B Joe Genord: 1-3, 2 R, HR (1), RBI, BB, K
- 3B Nic Gaddis: 2-4, R, 2 2B, RBI
- DH Jose Miguel Medina: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI, K
- 2B Luke Ritter: 0-3, K
- LF Raul Beracierta: 1-3, R, K
- C Ariel Yera: 1-2
- RHP Daison Acosta: 4.1 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, WP, BLK
- RHP Luis Silva: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, W (1-0)
- RHP Yeudy Colon: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, HBP, 2 WP, H (1)
- RHP Brian Metoyer: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, WP, S (1)
ROSTER ALERT: Second baseman Luke Ritter has been assigned to the Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have sent left-handed pitcher Justin Wilson on a rehab assignment to the Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Malky Mena has been assigned to the Brooklyn Cyclones from the Mets Extended Spring Training.
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night
Stephen Villines :(