*All results from games played on June 4, 2019
Triple-A - Syracuse Mets (29-28)
ROCHESTER 9, SYRACUSE 3 (BOX)
There wasn’t a lot of offense early in Tuesday evening’s game between the Syracuse Mets and the Rochester Red Wings. Chris Mazza kept the Red Wings scoreless through the first two innings, but gave up a run in the top of the third. The Mets tied the game in the following half inning, when newly acquired Matt Kemp singled home Arismendy Alcantara from second. They took the lead in the following inning, when Rene Rivera scored from third on a force out off the bat of Tim Tebow. The Red Wings rallied to score a pair of runs off of Chris Mazza in the top of the sixth to take a 3-2 lead. The Red Wings didn’t look back from there, and scored six runs in the top of the seventh off of Louis Coleman and Eric Hanhold to extend their lead to 9-2. The Syracuse Mets scored on an RBI single from Alcantara in the bottom of the ninth, but ultimately lost to the Rochester Red Wings 9-3.
- CF Rajai Davis: 1-5, K
- 3B Ruben Tejada: 1-3, BB, CS (2)
- LF Matt Kemp: 1-4, RBI, K
- SS Danny Espinosa: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- C Rene Rivera: 2-3, R, BB
- 2B Luis Guillorme: 3-3, R
- 1B Travis Taijeron: 1-4, K
- RF Arismendy Alcantara: 2-3, R, RBI, BB, K, SB (3)
- DH Tim Tebow: 0-4, RBI
- RHP Chris Mazza: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, E (1), WP, HBP, L (1-2)
- RHP Louis Coleman: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
- RHP Eric Hanhold: 1.2 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- RHP Stephen Villines: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
ROSTER ALERT: The New York Mets have optioned Right-handed pitcher Tyler Bashlor to the Syracuse Mets.
Double-A - Binghamton Rumble Ponies (30-22)
HARRISBURG 9, BINGHAMTON 8 (BOX)
The Binghamton Rumble Ponies almost came from behind to defeat the Harrisburg Senators in last night’s game. The Rumble Ponies got on the board in the top of the second inning on a sacrifice fly from Will Toffey and an RBI single from Michael Paez. Binghamton scored another run on a solo homer from Barrett Barnes in the following inning, and two more runs in the top of the fifth when Jason Krizan doubled home David Peterson and Luis Carpio. The wheels fell off for the Rumble Ponies in the bottom of the fifth, when David Peterson and Thomas McIlrath combined to give up seven runs. Harrisburg scored another two runs in the bottom of the seventh off of Austin McGeorge to extend their lead to 9-5. Finding themselves behind four runs heading into the last two innings, the Rumble Ponies refused to go down without a fight. The Binghamton Rumble Ponies scored two runs in the top of the eighth inning, on a sacrifice fly from Quinn Brodey and an RBI single from Michael Paez, and another run in the top of the ninth on an RBI double from Barrett Barnes, but ultimately lost to the Harrisburg Senators 9-8.
- SS Luis Carpio: 1-4, 2 R, BB
- LF Jason Krizan: 3-5, 2 2B, 2 RBI
- RF Barrett Barnes: 2-5, R, 2B, HR (5), 2 RBI, 3 K
- C Patrick Mazeika: 1-4, R, BB, K
- 1B David Thompson: 3-5, 2 R, 2B
- 3B Will Toffey: 2-3, R, 2B, RBI, BB
- CF Quinn Brodey: 0-4, RBI, K
- 2B Michael Paez: 2-4, 2 RBI, K
- P David Peterson: 1-2, R, K
- PH Braxton Lee: 0-1
- PH Kevin Kaczmarski: 0-1, K
- LHP David Peterson: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
- RHP Thomas McIlraith: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, L (0-1)
- RHP Austin McGeorge: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, WP
- RHP Joe Zanghi: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
ROSTER ALERT: The Binghamton Rumble Ponies have placed catcher Dustin Houle on the 7-day injured list, retroactive to June 2, 2019.
Advanced-A - St. Lucie Mets (28-29)
TAMPA 6, ST. LUCIE 4 (BOX)
The St. Lucie Mets fell behind early in last night’s game against the Tampa Tarpons. Kevin Smith allowed a pair of runs to score in the top of the first inning on an RBI single from Tampa’s Dermis Garcia. The Mets scored a run in the bottom of the first inning when Blake Tiberi scored on an RBI double from Carlos Cortes. Tampa extended their lead to 5-1 in the top of the third, when Kevin Smith allowed three runs to score on a double and a pair of RBI singles. St. Lucie scored again in the bottom of the third, when Jeremy Vasquez drove home Blake Tiberi from third on a sacrifice fly. Tampa scored an insurance run off of Connor O’Neil in the top of the sixth to extend their lead to 6-2. The St. Lucie Mets scored two runs in the bottom of the ninth on an RBI double from Blake Tiberi and an RBI single from Alfredo Escalera, but ultimately lost to the Tampa Tarpons 6-4.
- CF Jacob Zanon: 2-4, 2 R, HBP
- 3B Blake Tiberi: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B, RBI, BB
- 2B Carlos Cortes: 1-3, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, E (7)
- LF Alfredo Escalera: 1-5, RBI, K, E (2)
- 1B Jeremy Vasquez: 1-4, RBI
- DH Dan Rizzie: 0-5, 3 K
- SS Manny Rodriguez: 1-3, BB
- C Nick Meyer: 0-3, BB
- RF Raphael Gladu: 0-4, 2 K
- LHP Kevin Smith: 3.2 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, WP, L (3-4)
- RHP Conner O’Neil: 2.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- LHP Andrew Mitchell: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Joe Cavallaro: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
ROSTER ALERT: Outfielder Alfredo Escalera has been assigned to the St. Lucie Mets from the Brooklyn Cyclones.
ROSTER ALERT: The St. Lucie Mets have placed shortstop Cody Bohanek on the 7-day injured list.
ROSTER ALERT: Right-handed pitcher Ervin Santana has been assigned to the Brooklyn Cyclones from the St. Lucie Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: Outfielder Yoel Romero has been assigned to the St. Lucie Mets from the Brooklyn Cyclones.
Low-A - Columbia Fireflies (23-35)
COLUMBIA 3, ROME 2 (BOX)
All of the scoring in last night’s game between the Columbia Fireflies and the Rome Braves occurred in the first two innings. Willy Taveras allowed Rome to score two runs in the top of the first, but settled in from there and cruised through the next five innings without allowing any additional damage. Columbia rallied to take the lead in the bottom of the second inning. Mark Vientos led off the inning with a single, and advanced to third on a double from Shervyen Newton. Vientos scored later in the inning on an RBI single from Juan Uriarte, and Newton scored a few hitters later on a fielder’s choice off the bat of Walter Rasquin. The Fireflies took the lead on the following at bat, when Hansel Moreno drove Uriarte home on a sacrifice fly. That ultimately proved to be a big enough lead for the Columbia pitching staff, who got a scoreless inning from Billy Oxford, and two scoreless innings from Tyler Megill. The Columbia Fireflies ultimately held on to defeat the Rome Braves 3-2.
- CF Hansel Moreno: 0-4
- 2B Chandler Avant: 0-3, BB
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 2-4, E (13)
- DH Mark Vientos: 1-4, R, K
- 3B Shervyen Newton: 2-4, R, 2B, K
- C Juan Uriarte: 1-4, R, RBI
- 1B Brian Sharp: 0-3, BB, K
- RF Gerson Molina: 0-1, 2 BB, SB (4)
- LF Walter Rasquin: 0-3, K
- RHP Willy Taveras: 6.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K, W (4-5)
- RHP Billy Oxford: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, H (2)
- RHP Tylor Megill: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, S (2)
Star of the Night
Goat of the Night