Hello, Amazin’ Avenue readers! If you’re new here, thanks for checking out the site! If you’re old here, thanks for sticking around! We hope everything is well and that you’re staying safe, and we promise that when baseball returns, this will continue to be the best place to come for Mets discussion. In the meantime, we’ll do our best to provide you with some interesting, fun content to keep you entertained during this crisis.
But while we’re all here, we figured it would be worth it for us all to get to know each other a little better. We’ve done this a couple times in the past, though we haven’t done it since before the 2015 playoffs, which was a long time ago. Long-time commenters can tell you how much the community has changed since then. So with everyone stuck inside and no Mets baseball to discuss, what better time to get to know each other than now?
If you’re a regular commenter, this is a great opportunity to get to know the people you talk baseball with all the time. And if you’re more of a lurker, now’s a great chance to let yourself be known and have some interesting discussions with others.
Additionally, if you don’t have an AA account, feel free to sign up for one and get chatting! Of course, please take a few moments to read through the Amazin’ Avenue User Guide to get to know this place a little better, and make sure you’re familiar with the community guidelines before commenting.
We encourage everyone out there to participate, even if you’re visiting from another site. All are welcome and we want to hear from you!
Here are some basic introductory questions for everyone to answer and discuss (you don’t have to answer anything you don’t want to):
1. What is your first name?
2. Where do you live (e.g., state, city/state, country)?
3. Where are you from originally?
4. How did you become a Mets fan?
5. What is your dream job?
6. When and how did you find Amazin’ Avenue?
7. Who is your favorite historical Met and your favorite current Met?
8. What Met, past or present, do you dislike irrationally?
9. Who is your favorite band or musician and song?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. What is your favorite movie?
12. What is your favorite TV show, past and present?
13. What pets, if any, do you have?
14. What do you like to do for fun, non-baseball-related?
15. What’s your drink of choice?
16. The world is scary, so what’s something that has made you happy recently?