*All results from games played on Wednesday, July 22, 2021
Triple-A: Syracuse Mets (23-45)
BUFFALO 10, SYRACUSE 4 (BOX)
Syracuse was felled by one buffalo sized inning for the Bisons. The Mets went down 3-0 after surrendering individual runs in the first, third and fourth, but came roaring back to actually take the lead — something one would not expect when looking at the final score. Martin Cervenka got them on the board with a sacrifice fly, and a Caesar Puello knocked in a run on a single to make it 3-2. Brandon Drury hit a two run double, finishing off the rally and making it 4-3 Mets in the fifth. That is the end of the highlights, and the game completely fell apart in the eighth inning.
Tom Windle, on the back of a clean seventh, got hit hard in the aforementioned eighth inning. He gave up a two run homer, losing the lead, and a single right after saw him pulled for Bradley Roney. Roney did not fare better, allowing five runs to score, and putting the game out of reach.
- CF Albert Almora Jr.: 0-3, K
- RF Cesar Puello: 1-4, R, RBI, K
- LF Brandon Drury: 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 K
- 1B Cheslor Cuthbert: 0-3, BB, 2 K
- DH Cameron Maybin: 0-4, 4 K
- 2B Wilfredo Tovar: 1-3, R, 2B, BB
- 3B Orlando Calixte: 1-4, R, 2 K, 2 SB (7, 8), E (4)
- C Martin Cervenka: 0-3, RBI, K
- SS Drew Jackson: 0-2, R, BB, K, SB
- RHP Akeem Bostick: 5.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
- RHP Trey Cobb: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, H (2)
- LHP Tom Windle: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, L (1-2), BS (2)
- RHP Bradley Roney: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HBP
- RHP Josh Hejka: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 0 K
Double-A: Binghamton Rumble Ponies (25-40)
BINGHAMTON 6, ERIE 4, (BOX)
The scoring did not start until the third inning for either side in this one, though Erie broke through first, on the back of a two run homer by Spencer Torkelson. Carlos Cortes got one back with a solo homer, his 12th on the year, in the bottom of the third. The bottom of the fourth held the big fireworks for the Rumble Ponies. Brett Baty started it off with a single, and subsequent singles by Wagner Lagrange and Hayden Senger loaded the bases. After a strikeout, David Rodriguez strode to the plate and took a 1-0 pitch over the fence to make it 5-2 Binghamton.
Erie would claw a run back in the top of the eighth to make it 5-3, but Jake Mangum got that run back by way of a fielder’s choice in the bottom of the frame. Erie pushed another run along in the eighth, but Eric Orze shut the door to end it.
- LF Carlos Cortes: 1-3, 2 R, HR (12), RBI, BB
- DH Jake Mangum: 0-4, K
- 3B Brett Baty: 1-4, R, 2 K, E (2)
- CF Wagner Lagrange: 2-3, R, 2B, BB, K
- C Hayden Senger: 1-4, R, 2 K
- RF Matt Winaker: 0-2, BB, K
- 1B David Rodriguez: 1-3, R, HR (3), 4 RBI, K
- 2B Nick Conti: 0-3, 3 K, E (2)
- SS Manny Rodriguez: 0-3
- RHP Dustin Beggs: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HBP, W (1-2)
- RHP Connor Grey: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, H (1)
- RHP Eric Orze: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, S (1)
High-A: Brooklyn Cyclones (24-42)
BROOKLYN 10, WILMINGTON 2 (BOX)
As the score suggested, Brooklyn coasted to a win. They had a grand total of 17 hits, with every single starter in the lineup notching a base knock. The only innings they did not score in were the first and the fourth — it was sustained domination from the Cyclones in this one.
Offensively, the biggest hitters were Antoine Duplantis and Luis Gonzalez. They both went 4-4, scoring five runs total, with Duplantis also driving in three runs. They got home runs from Cody Bohanek, Duplantis, and Ronny Mauricio. Mauricio also doubled in this one, continuing his excellent offensive form as of late. It was really an all around effort.
On the pitching side, the Cyclones were nearly as good. Justin Lasko spun seven excellent innings, giving up just two hits, striking out eight, and surrendering zero runs. Colby Morris gave up four hits and both runs in relief.
- CF Antoine Duplantis: 4-5, 2 R, HR (5), 3 RBI
- 3B Cody Bohanek: 1-4, R, HR (4), RBI, 2 K
- SS Ronny Mauricio: 2-5, R, 2B, HR (11), RBI, K
- C Francisco Alvarez: 1-5, R, K, SB (2)
- DH Jeremy Vasquez: 1-4, R, RBI, BB
- 1B Joe Genord: 1-5, 3 K
- 2B Luis Gonzalez: 4-4, 3 R, 2B, BB, SB (1)
- RF Zach Ashford: 2-4, R, RBI, BB
- LF Joe Suozzi: 1-5, 2B, RBI, 3 K
- RHP Justin Lasko: 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K, 1 WP, W (3-4)
- RHP Colby Morris: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K
Low-A: St. Lucie Mets (37-32)
ST. LUCIE 6, BRADENTON 5 / 10 (BOX)
St. Lucie snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, as they went into the bottom of the ninth inning down 5-1, with the only run they scored was on an Omar De Los Santos single in the fourth inning.
Jaylen Palmer doubled to lead off the inning, and De Los Santos reached on an error after him. Jose Peroza singled to load the bases with no outs. A Warren Saunders walk make it 5-2, and Alex Ramirez singled to suddenly pull St. Lucie within one, still with none away. A Tanner Murphy single reloaded the bases, and Matt Dyer sacrificed Saunders home, tying the game at five — still with no outs. The Mets could not finish it off there, and we went to extras. Bralin Gonzalez got into immediate trouble in the 10th, loading the bases with no outs. Reyson Santos pulled a Houdini act, retiring the side without a run coming across.
De Los Santos singled to lead off the inning for the Mets, and an intentional walk to Emmanuel Mejia loaded the bases. Saunders struck out, but Ramirez continued his clutch hitting from last inning, placing a single over the second base bag to walk off the Marauders.
- 3B Jaylen Palmer: 2-5, 3 R, 2B, 2 K
- CF Omar De Los Santos: 2-5, R, RBI
- 2B Jose Peroza: 1-3, R, 2 BB
- 1B Warren Saunders: 0-4, R, RBI, BB, K
- RF Alex Ramirez: 2-5, 3 RBI, K
- LF Tanner Murphy: 1-4, K
- DH Matt Dyer: 1-3, RBI, BB, K
- C Matt O’Neill: 1-4, 3 K
- SS Branden Fryman: 1-4, 2B
- RHP Oscar Rojas: 4.2 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HBP
- RHP Drake Nightengale: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
- RHP Sammy Tavarez: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- LHP Brailin Gonzalez: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
- RHP Reyson Santos: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, W (1-0)
ROSTER ALERT: RHP Jose Chacin assigned to St. Lucie Mets from FCL Mets.
ROSTER ALERT: St. Lucie Mets activated CF Tanner Murphy from the 7-day injured list.
COMPLEX: FCL METS (10-5)
FCL METS 4, FCL MARLINS 3 / 5 (LIGHTENING) (BOX)
- CF Carlos Dominguez: 1-3, 2B, 2 RBI
- SS William Lugo: 0-2, R, BB
- 1B Raul Beracierta: 1-2, R, HR (1), 2 RBI, K
- RF Yeral Martinez: 0-3, K
- 3B Gregory Guerrero: 0-2
- DH Fernando Villalobos: 0-2, R
- C Juan Loyo: 1-1, R
- 2B Albert Suarez: 0-2, K
- LF Blaine McIntosh: 0-1, BB, K
- RHP Jose Acuna: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
- RHP Brendan Hardy: 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
- RHP Robert Dominguez: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
Star(s) of the Night
The Cyclones offense and also Alex Ramirez
Goat(s) of the Night
Tom Windle and Bradley Roney